Units

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
agent274
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Units

Post by agent274 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:56 am

Hello developers. I really like your game and I had ideas about a new race and new units. You can add a race from Half-life 1, Russ Xenia. Characters of Xena race can be taken from Black mesa source from Half-life 2 beta, as in Half-life 2 beta had a lot of pans over the creatures of Xenia. You can also add new units to rebel alliance and the other from the same Half -life 2 beta. Thank you for your attention

agent274
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Units

Post by agent274 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Крематор.jpg
Крематор.jpg (70.45 KiB) Viewed 6403 times
Here's an example: Cremator. This unit for a fraction of "Alliance". According to the properties he would like flamethrower "Rebel", but it will be slower and stronger. He will have the opportunity to actually burned the bodies of which it will be possible to obtain the Property
Last edited by agent274 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agent274

Post by agent274 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:08 pm

5c3ea3ea-ec99-4694-b1ef-f987dc5b809d.jpg
5c3ea3ea-ec99-4694-b1ef-f987dc5b809d.jpg (157.53 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
Can add rebel with a gravity gun for the "resistance", which can kill enemies or objects Magnusson device, which will be made on a special building

agent274

Post by agent274 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:56 am

200px-Vort_ep2_slave.jpg
200px-Vort_ep2_slave.jpg (17.37 KiB) Viewed 6389 times
If you add race Xen, here's an example of a pair of units for this race: Vortigaunt, in normal times, this work, which will build and must collect resources, but if someone attacks, he can shoot and its beam at the enemy.
686px-Gargantua.jpg
686px-Gargantua.jpg (66.05 KiB) Viewed 6389 times
Gargantua, is the most powerful unit of race Xen and perhaps the most powerful in the game. He incinerates all their flamethrowers, and he has the ability to cause to help kick on the ground beam that goes to the ground right in the direction in which it is viewed. In Gargantua is a minus, it can not destroy the barricades and small objects, in this case it is easy to kill from a distance

Ennui
Contributor

Post by Ennui » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:42 am

As much as I love HL1, Xen fauna don't really make sense as a race - by the time of HL2, they have been liberated from Combine tyranny thanks to Freeman defeating Nihilanth. On a more practical level, we have few resources to model, texture and animate so many custom units - I don't think Black Mesa will give us their assets :P

Haven't seen that Gravity Gun HL2 concept screenshot in about 10 years tho, so thanks for the blast from the past :P

agent274

Post by agent274 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm

About the studio Black mesa, you should try to talk to them, I think they will not mind. I would add Xen race as a race for the sandbox. And what about the characters from Half-life 2 beta? There's also full of good character, who would be the way in this game

Mr. Darkness
Developer

Post by Mr. Darkness » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Xen race makes absolutely no sense since Xen is a world pretty much existing only for tentacles and tentacle trees now.

Antlion race makes a lot more sense, except there is no real way they could fit for destroying striders and such.

EDIT: Cremator is a good idea though, makes more sense for combine to have it (and give rebels molotovs and flamethrower as an unlock instead?)
Mr. Darkness: fucking game
Sandern: yeah, game sucks
Mr. Darkness: ya, the devs must be some total twats
Mr. Darkness: Who even names a game like that
Mr. Darkness: "Lambda Wars"
Mr. Darkness: fucking pathetic
Mr. Darkness: right?
Sandern: yes

agent274

Post by agent274 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:15 am

It's all going to be easy to add. Content half-life2 beta can be taken online, there's even a supplement: Missing information. There's a lot more fixed. From there you can take a sniper model for the alliance. I'm sorry if that for my English. I do Russian and I have to use an interpreter, because I know bad English :mrgreen:

agent274

Post by agent274 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:45 am

By The Way. I would like you to add sound to walk strider. They look great and powerful and I want to hear them loud and powerful walking)

agent274

Post by agent274 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:52 am

Without these sounds I can not feel the whole epic strider)

agent274

Post by agent274 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:59 pm

I took the model units from Half-life 2 beta. Link I can throw you. There is a Cremator, Synth soldier, Elite synths

agent274

Post by agent274 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:40 am

Astralnaut

Post by Astralnaut » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:31 pm

But by making new race there will have to be alot of balancing to be done, maybe xen can be add to overrun missions as an attacking faction.

Mr. Darkness
Developer

Post by Mr. Darkness » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Please try to refrain from posting one after another. Please make use of EDIT button.
Mr. Darkness: fucking game
Sandern: yeah, game sucks
Mr. Darkness: ya, the devs must be some total twats
Mr. Darkness: Who even names a game like that
Mr. Darkness: "Lambda Wars"
Mr. Darkness: fucking pathetic
Mr. Darkness: right?
Sandern: yes