Currently recruiting

Post here if you want to help out with Lambda Wars.
Neo Prophet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Currently recruiting

Post by Neo Prophet » Mon May 26, 2008 3:11 pm

oh, also assuming if i do make any maps they will be for the new version, is the new version running on the ep2 engine or the ep1 engine?

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Mon May 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Orange box engine.
http://hl2wars.hlrse.net/downloads/builds/
Episode two will be required if you don't want missing props and textures.

Neo Prophet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Neo Prophet » Mon May 26, 2008 5:48 pm

thats good, got those, as for the scripting?

Neo Prophet

Post by Neo Prophet » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:18 am

ontop of the objectives and control points do i need to do anything about setting where levels in a building start and stop, for when the floors are transparent or not (i wouldnt know how to do this either currently)

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:47 pm

You only need to tie the brushes to the entity "rts_client_brush" and enter the level number you want to make it appear on.

bobman

Post by bobman » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:23 pm

i have come up with a few ideas for the game just wondering if you were interested
explosives make everything better

Silver

Post by Silver » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi. I see this topic hasn't been posted in for quite a while, don't know if it's still active or up to date.

Anyway, I saw you needed a modeller, and I could possibly fill that position. I'm not a very good texturer, but I can manage, either on my own or by getting some help from friends. I saw you had someone apply that could texture as well.

Of course there's a bad side as well. I am working on another mod, which is a higher priority, but I should be able to find time for this as well. I may not be able to finish a huge amount of stuff in just a week or so, but I should be able to manage at a reasonable rate. The worst part is that the only game I've played in the series is half the first half-life. I have no idea about good designs, so I'm going to need some concepts or directions.

If you want my help I also need to know what format you need the models in, how many faces they need to be, if they need to be triangulated or only in quads, or anything like that, and I need to know the maximum size for textures (if your other person doesn't handle that).

If this all works out well, I could probably help you out with some writing as well. I have quite a lot of experience in it, I just need to get briefed a little on the world and such.

Cheers!

Discrate
Contributor

Post by Discrate » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:34 pm

I would like to apply for the position of level designer.

I have a few bit of experince making maps and i think i could give making maps for hl2wars a go. :)

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Discrate wrote:I would like to apply for the position of level designer.

I have a few bit of experince making maps and i think i could give making maps for hl2wars a go. :)
You already got access to all forum parts and you can find the documentation here: http://hl2wars.hlrse.net/wiki/index.php ... ic_Mapping
Otherwise you can still annoy me about things of course.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:47 am

If theres going to be an "Official" campaign, I'd like to sign up as a storyboard editor.

Im also looking for mappers for a campaign ive already written up.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am

There is no official campaign yet.

But if we do, we could use someone to do things like lead level design and/or story writing.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:59 am

ok, then i guess im at the top of the list. If you want a sample, look at "picking up the Pieces" in the mapping forum. The intro lines are near the middle/bottom of the thread.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

FoxCompany

Post by FoxCompany » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:30 am

Hi I''m a former web dev and if theres anything I can do I have a decent management staff so yeah its a exellent mod its by far just wow and I wanna just offer my assistance any way I can.-FoxCompany

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 am

I would like to help do a possible campain story line but i dont want to lead it.
If you want some evidence of some story writing i can give you some from a script I was writing up about the 7 Hour war and a person who has to suvive it.
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

Ennui
Contributor

Post by Ennui » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:28 pm

BiotecVirus wrote:I would like to help do a possible campain story line but i dont want to lead it.
If you want some evidence of some story writing i can give you some from a script I was writing up about the 7 Hour war and a person who has to suvive it.
I've been thinking I might eventually take reins of responsibility for the campaign story/design, we should brainstorm and see what we come up with.