Hello again hl2w Board.
Made a little 1v1 community map for the mod
i wish to post this here a bit early so you guys can tell me what you think
of it so far. As far as i noticed (Playing with a bot) there aren't any bugs just some nav issues.
But its well playable. (FIXED NOW FULLY PLAYABLE)
So please check it out and tell me what you think of it in general (Dont complain about nav i know it needs some tweaking just a little. ) (NAV FULLY FIXED)
Also didn't get much help on anything from the community sadface
Anyway enjoy and tell me what you think so far!
I will continue it till its "100%"
BUT i will need feedback!FEATURES:
- Enterable Buildings
- Large spawn area
- Woods (That you can hide in)
- Cover spots
- 5 Control points
- Correct NavMesh (so you can play against CPU and your units can navigate correctly)
- Tactical sniper spots (gonna be Made better in update 1.3)
- Random Crate locations
- Day and night cycle's (Next update 1.3) NOT POSSIBRU
- MiniMAPEDIT: Made the map better, added: 28 Jan, 2013
- Added roofs on buildings that disapear and appear once a unit enters and leaves the building (2 buildings for now)
- Fixed too dark lightning (Added env_project-texture instead of normal lights.)
- Fixed Most of the NavMech Problems. (Units now build correctly + Navigate correctly in buildings and most of the playable areas)
- Fixed some texture Bugs
- Fixed buggy stairs
- Added minimap
EDIT: V1.2 - 29 Jan 2013
- Fixed "ALL" THE NAVMESH problems i found! (AI navigation)
- Removed wooden fences
- Added stone walls (Instead of wooden fences)
- Added decals (ALOT!)
- Added little shack with little graveyard (For scenery mostly, it has automatic cover spots so should you get close
the unit will automatically get in position behind the fence! )
- CPU player now plays normally (Builds more stuff etc etc..)
- Made the Factory/storage Lighter
- Added Crate spawn locations ( 1 per player)EDIT: 12 mar 2013* V1.3
-Made dirt roads.
-Made an extra enter-able building
-Fixed roof not appearing ( added 1 sec delay to appear and disappear )
-Fixed decal problem on stone walls.
-Removed* multiple map boundary's
-Removed* Water from center ( A bit laggy for now )
-Added readme! to download.
-Added some textures.Next weeks To do list:
- Fix decals (Fixed 1.3)
- Optimize map (Center of the map)
- add another enter-able building (or 2) (3 more to go)
- Add day and night cycle NOT POSSIBRUE
- Fix bugs from feedback
- Add something new in the empty area Installation:
- Copy the .bsp .nav .res .bin in the mods maps folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\hl2wars\maps
- Open the materials folder in Winrar or 7zip, and Copy the "FOLDERS" aka "overviews" and "vgui" and paste them here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\hl2wars\materialsBugs
>>>>>> Make sure to post them here - Notice
in-case of Rebel engineers not building or just standing there in front of building queu is not my part to fix,
rather the dev's should take a look at that.to fix it just select the engineer and move him a little back.
OLD SCREENIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@####### (not very well taken though, suggest downloading to see for yourself, bad photos etc.. etc..)http://www.moddb.com/members/ancientterraI Will need FEEDBACK to continue, so please post them on my moddb profile or just here in this thread! WILL UPDATE EVERY WEEK TILL ITS DONE MAP UPDATED TO VERSION 1.3
YOU NOW MAY DOWNLOAD! 12 Mar 2013https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43670315/maps.rarTHERES A README! FILE IN THE .RAR READ IT IF YOU CAN'T GET IT TO WORK PROPERLY AKA INSTALL IT CORRECTLY!SUBSCRIBE
To this thread for updates