Fog of War bug

All public release bug reports or requests for help, large and small, go in here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fromagon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fog of War bug

Post by Fromagon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Today I played a multiplayer match on hlw_abandoned with Pandango. I encountered the following problem, in some areas of the map my units didn't have any vision. Here are some screenshots of the issue: http://imgur.com/a/j7H1o . Hope this helps.

Sandern
Developer

Re: Fog of War bug

Post by Sandern » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:57 pm

It would be useful to know what you did before this happened. Like if you played a match earlier.

Fromagon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Fromagon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:15 pm

I didnt it was the first match I played on the dev branch since I installed it.

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Fromagon wrote:I didnt it was the first match I played on the dev branch since I installed it.
Were you hosting, or was Pandango hosting the match?

pandango
Developer

Post by pandango » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:58 pm

I was hosting.

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:56 pm

pandango wrote:I was hosting.
I think I found the issue.
1. When the heightmap file is missing, it wouldn't set the heightmap values to the default ones. So it potentially contained rubbish. This was probably the case here. Just fixed this.
2. The heightmap file was missing because only the server will generate it. When you are the client and you never hosted the map yourself before, you won't have a valid heightmap. Still working on this one. Will probably just include all heightmap files in svn.

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Sandern wrote:
pandango wrote:I was hosting.
I think I found the issue.
2. The heightmap file was missing because only the server will generate it. When you are the client and you never hosted the map yourself before, you won't have a valid heightmap. Still working on this one. Will probably just include all heightmap files in svn.
Just added the heightmap files to svn, which should fix this issue. If you update your svn you will might get conflicts. Just delete the .bin files in the maps folder and update again. If they show up as "different" afterwards, also just delete the files and update again.