Mr. Whirly

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zaki90
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mr. Whirly

Post by Zaki90 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:57 pm

After having played the Research and Development mod, I took particular interest in this vehicle.

The Mr.Whirly:

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/14 ... 4a0002.jpg

This would be an anti-infantry vehicle with sloppy driving used by the rebels. Its main weakness is any kind of anti-vehicle unit such as a rocket launcher from an APC.

BiotecVirus
Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mr. Whirly

Post by BiotecVirus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:00 pm

i find it really unlikely that it will be considered. Its way to small and really dosent fit the genre. Not to mention other things...
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

Jenks

Post by Jenks » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Could always be drived by Father Grigori! :lol:
HL2Wars: Revolution 1.0 LATEST/ALL PATCHES:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8WABW4W

HL2Wars: Revolution Thread:

http://www.hl2wars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=766

Zaki90

Post by Zaki90 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 pm

BiotecVirus wrote:i find it really unlikely that it will be considered. Its way to small and really dosent fit the genre. Not to mention other things...
With some minor adjustments and a skin change, it could work.

Ennui
Contributor

Post by Ennui » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:16 am

Unfortunately I don't think there's a place for Mr Whirly in HL2 Wars, but Research and Development was the best singleplayer mod I've ever played for HL2, so I would love a reference to make it in somehow (microwaves are for science!)

Badjack

Post by Badjack » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:32 pm

I'f there would be vehicles (not saying you have to make em right away, we can wait :wink: ) it could be used as a rebel scout vehicle?

Zaki90

Post by Zaki90 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Badjack wrote:I'f there would be vehicles (not saying you have to make em right away, we can wait :wink: ) it could be used as a rebel scout vehicle?
I think the rebel scout will be the Jeep.

I want Mr.Whirly to be an Anti Infantry light vehicle. It just makes more sense.

Badjack

Post by Badjack » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Ok but the Jeep has a weapon on it, Mr. Whirly can only chop from up close (right? or was the blade on the back, dont remember) so they could be both scouts, the jeep with the gun and Mr. Whirly would be tougher and cheeper?

Zaki90

Post by Zaki90 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Badjack wrote:Ok but the Jeep has a weapon on it, Mr. Whirly can only chop from up close (right? or was the blade on the back, dont remember) so they could be both scouts, the jeep with the gun and Mr. Whirly would be tougher and cheeper?
Mr. Whirly isn't as fast and is a lot more sloppy than the jeep. And why would we need 2 scout vehicles. We actually don't have any other vehicles other than the Jalopy and the Airboat.

The blade was on the front. Other than that is has no other weapons. Thus it is weak against any long ranged enemies like snipers. But it makes up in close range/melee units like zombies and combine soldiers.