Possible SuperWeapons

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
BiotecVirus
Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Possible SuperWeapons

Post by BiotecVirus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:52 pm

Second Ever Post :D

**EDITED and RE,EDITED and UBER,EDITED**

I think I read somone mentioning this in a smaller artical and though it was a great idea so ill make a full post for it and a few of my ideas for superweapons.

Rebel Satalight: Does a large amout of damage were it is aimed at but only where it hits and a few meters surrounding it.
Also anything out of that area but over a larger scale would be fully or parcialy deactivated dependings on its distance from the target area and nocks out some combine abilities. And if moral was incorpoated into the game (a possibility) it make sthe rebels invunrable to combine moral damage.
1 use only

A SuperStorm:
Anything in the Center (or within a certain small radius) would be crushed under the massive forces abit like a black hole.
A Passive effect is that all the combine buildings and units go into overdrive from the massive energy surge (remeber there half machine) giving them double production levels and a variety of other things like faster units but when used it may cause portal storms randomly on the battlefield which throws physic objects around damages buildings and hurts units combine or foe alike. 1 use only

Zombies: (If Campain only or mutiplayer) I dont really have an idea which would be acually be able to be programmed easyily but i did think of a Massive Army of Headcrabs (The Programmers decide how many) would randomly burrow out of the ground and attack local units and buildings coverting them into zombies of diffrent varieties well maybe not the buildings but you get my idea. possible mutiple uses (but limited)
OR
ZOmbies could "contaminate" an area, cause the water to become tainted, poisonous gas clouds to spawn over the area, and disrupt the fog of war makeing enemy units see shorter distances, "corrupt" any buildings in the area of effect (meaning that they become zombie nests), and possibly cause some radiation damage to units who enter the area. This would only be usable once or at least have a huge cooldown timer.

Antlions: (If Campain only or mutiplayer) EarthQuake considering antlions pop out from under ground anywhere if there was enough of them they could pottentialy cause an earthquake, this effects the whole level with a low damage rate and causes some burrow holes to randomly appear that antlions can spawn/tunnel to. (Dosent Effect the Antlions Players Buildings or units). possible mutiple uses (but limited)

Hope this is Useful and ill try and think of some more ideas.

St3althPyr0_37 sorry i did not remeber your name earlier im abit forgetful with names :)

Please Post your ideas/comments if you read this thread.

Regards BiotecVirus and St3althPyr0_37,Hukurunk for there added ideas :)
Last edited by BiotecVirus on Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 13 times in total.
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

St3althPyr0_37
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Possible SuperWeapons

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:55 am

BiotecVirus wrote:
Rebels: As the person said (cant remeber your name at this moment in time sorry) The Satalight The Rebels use in EP2 would be handy for a Rebel Superweapon which causes Alot of Damage over a small Area with an average reload time. Considering the Rebels would not have much else to use as a superweapon.
That was me.
I suggested that the satellite would slow down or stop combine production for a duration, which would allow the rebels to eliminate their opposition without reinforcements, or give them time to regroup. This would also deactivate the superportal (see below)

I like your idea for the combine super weapon, although i think that it should madly speed up the build-time of the combine units, and/or spawn a large number of combine units, rather than deal and area effect damage. The combine have artillery if they want to kill something without risking themselves.

The portal storm i think should be a random event tied to the superportal that damages structures and blasts physics objects around, harming rebel, combine, zombie and antlion alike, rather than a controlled weaponized event.
Last edited by St3althPyr0_37 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:36 am

I do agree with you it could have both effects my idea and yours but in this way.

Rebel Satalight: Does a large amout of damage were it is aimed at but only where it hits and a few meters surrounding it.
Also anything out of that area but over a larger scale would be fully or parcialy deactivated dependings on its distance from the target area.
Also if the combine structor which produces Portal storms is in the blast radius is will automaticaly produce one (without the benifits to the combine) and throwings physic objects around.

A Controled Portal Storm:
Anything in the Center (or within a certain small radius) would be crushed under the massive forces abit like a black hole.
A Passive effect is that all the combine buildings and units go into overdrive from the massive energy surge (remeber there half machine) giving them double production levels and a variety of other things like faster units.

St3althPyr0_37 sorry i did not remeber your name earlier im abit forgetful with names :)

And if anyone can think of a better Zombine Superweapon im all ears.

Regards BiotecVirus and St3althPyr0_37 for his added ideas :)
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

Dark Shot

Post by Dark Shot » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:01 am

Combine super-weapon: The combine super-portal as seen in ep2, produces combine units instantly and will tear up anything in its path (somewhat like a tornado) and will move verrry slooowly.

Rebel super-weapon: The rocket as seen in ep2, can inflict a huge amount of damage and/or can deactivate a combine super-portal.

Possible combine super-weapon Suggestion: Combine advisor, Can call in soldiers and can wreck havok on a rebel base killing its guards and make a clear path for the troops. When down to 0 hp instead of dying it will retreat out of the map

Just some mature suggestions.

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:03 pm

I was thinking that the combine advisor would be one of the more "special" units rather than a super weapons but gd idea never the less :)

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:07 pm

It just depends on your definition of superweapon or special unit.

Morthon

Post by Morthon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:43 pm

I suggest the supressor device as a Combine superweapon. I don't think the rebels should have a superweapon of some sort, but more of a special unit...like Alyx or Barney because they mostly rely on a leader. Seeing the rebels mostly can't successfully create superweapons because of Combine rule.

Hiturunk

Post by Hiturunk » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:48 am

Super weapons? For the love of God no..Or at least, With extreme limitations..In EVERY game I've seen super-weapons the WHOLE game became ten times less tactical because you'd spend ten minutes finally finishing the enemy's defenses only to have your base and men obliterated by a Nuke, Stuff like the units popping up I DO like, I remember playing GLA, As long as the super-weapons fit the faction and are appropriately balanced. :?

St3althPyr0_37

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:06 am

I totally agree.

I think superweapons should be a one shot deal, you use them once and then their gone forever.

I also think that they shouldnt be a "hurt/kill everything in the area" type weapon, but something that can hurt your enemy's production and economy, hence what i was suggesting for the rebel satellite, or boost your own, hence the combine superportal idea. I like the idea of portal storms, but i think that they should be a random event spawned by the portal storm, that can hamper or help either side, rather than a directed attack. This is for both continuity reasons as well as game play issues.

The combine have headcrab artillery, heli-bombers and gunships (if you include them) if they want to do a lot of damage to an area. 8)
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:09 pm

Suprisingly I totaly agree with you HituRunk i see what u mean about mutiple superwepon used many times i hate it when I keep getting ion-cannaoned, rifted, emped or nuked in C and C 3 all the time it annoyes the hell out of me.

I also like the idea of the one use only it makes it more like shall i use it now while im being attacked? or use it if i repel this assualt to terroise his base? etc if you know what i mean.

Things like zombies though could use it mutiple times...maybe...depends on what other people think if you read this tread please post your ideas so we can see whateveryone thinks.

Oh you may want to read the top if you havent already ive updated it.

St3althPyr0_37

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:17 pm

I don't know if zombies and antlions would be playable but i have an idea for a zombie superweapon. I have no idea if this is possible.

The zombies could "contaminate" an area, cause the water to become tainted, poisonous gas clouds to spawn over the area, and disrupt the fog of war, "corrupt" any buildings in the area of effect (meaning that they become zombie nests), and possibly cause some radiation damage to units who enter the area. This would only be usable once or at least have a huge cooldown timer.
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Again i see lots of good ideas comming up and i like this one but before i update the list whats do you mean disrupt fog of war i mean whats does it do make the area invisable to enemy players if they have units there or somthing? Please reply.

Regards BIotecVirus

St3althPyr0_37

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:41 pm

I mean units in the area of effect have very short view distance, and units outside the area of effect cannot see in.
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:29 pm

AH ok thx u

XxDanielxX

Post by XxDanielxX » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:41 pm

hmm superweapons well somekind of Cannon would do i think ... :) or a wall thats Mounted with a Machinegun thing (Through a small hole)
Redrama FtW ! L33t H4x M0nk3y ! -Ub3r P0wn1ngn3ss ! -Lufftw4ff3n- 44rrGG- I eat Disco , and Fuck EMO ! -Johnny Napalm