Rebel Infiltrator

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Terminus Prime
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rebel Infiltrator

Post by Terminus Prime » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Role: Light ground scout/saboteur/harassment
Cost: Medium
Speed: Medium
Armour: Very Light
Health: Low
Sight Radius: Large
Weaponry: Glock Pistol, Knife
Accuracy: High (Pistol), Perfect (Knife)
Abilities:
Disguise: Can take on the appearance of any Combine infantry. Appears as a friendly unit to the Combine when disguised. If in the range of a detector unit, disguise is lost, and Infiltrator appears as hostile. Attacking hostiles with the pistol while disguised results in the loss of the disguise.
Infiltrate: Can only be used while disguise is active. Spy enters the infiltrated building. Infiltrated building is revealed and disabled temporarily. If another Infiltrator enters a building that's already infiltrated, it's captured instead.
Hijack: Can only be used while disguise is active. Allows the Infiltrator to enter and gain control of an enemy non-synth ground vehicle (including landed air vehicles) after a delay.
Hack: Can only be used while disguise is active. Allows the Infiltrator to hack a robotic enemy unit after a delay. You gain sight of hacked units, and they may be 'activated' later. Once activated you gain control of them. Purchasable upgrade.
Backstab: Can only be used while disguise is active. Instantly and silently kills a Combine infantry in melee.
Effective Versus: Infantry.
Notes: Infiltrators can be indirectly detected if a Combine player attempts to control it; the Infiltrator will be unresponsive. Backstabbing a Combine infantry in full view of its commander is another giveaway. They can be force fired upon.

Inspired by the precedence of Barney's infiltration of the Civil Protection.

jimjim
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rebel Infiltrator

Post by jimjim » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:25 am

I really like this idea, I'm going to try to code this unit in tomorrow to see how it goes.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:03 am

We discussed this before, hes like a less supreme solid snake, (in a sense). But I think we decided he would have C4, Sine 2 guys just sneaking in and capping a building seems a bit overpowered, sine they only have pistols... Overall I'd suggest that instead of capping, it plants C4, damaging and slowing/temp disabling the building.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

Terminus Prime

Post by Terminus Prime » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 am

We discussed this before, hes like a less supreme solid snake, (in a sense). But I think we decided he would have C4, Sine 2 guys just sneaking in and capping a building seems a bit overpowered, sine they only have pistols... Overall I'd suggest that instead of capping, it plants C4, damaging and slowing/temp disabling the building.
Keep in mind that Combine facilities are largely automated, thus several accomplished hackers gaining control of one (likely by hijacking its security) is possible. It's not overpowered either given that they can be easily detected and killed, are costly, and that walls can help keep them away from the more important facilities.