Manhacks

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Terminus Prime
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Manhacks

Post by Terminus Prime » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Unit: Manhack
Role: Light Scout/Anti-Infantry/Harasser
Cost: Extremely Low (per unit)
Speed: Very Fast
Armour: Light
Armour Class: Light Vehicle
Health: Low
Sight Radius: Low
Accuracy: Perfect (Melee Attack)
Weaponry: Sawblade, Detonation Pack (Upgrade)
DPS: High (Assuming they aren't pushed back)
Effective Against: Infantry, Vehicles (Detonation Pack Upgrade), Structures (Detonation Pack Upgrade)
Abilities:

Swarm (Passive): This unit is built in swarms of X.
Flying (Passive): This is a flying unit. Melee units cannot engage it unless it is also in melee combat. It can move over all ground obstacles and impassable terrain.
Detonate (Upgrade): This unit can be remotely detonated, dealing significant damage to everyone in an area of effect around it.

Upgrades:

Detonation Pack (Tier 2): Allows you to remotely detonate this unit.

Notes: The elementary Combine anti-infantry solution, Manhacks are fairly durable units that can be easily and cheaply massed. Their high mobility, coupled with their ability to fly makes them effective scouters and harassers as well. However, they are exceedingly vulnerable to area of effect, and automatic anti-infantry weaponry and are ineffective versus more heavily armoured units. Later, they can be upgraded with detonation packs at an additional cost, making them effective against vehicles and structures, should they manage to survive long enough to close the distance to these targets.

SkedarE
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SkedarE » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm

If the manhacks can be formed into a unit of one squad succesfully, then awesome. I have seen this done with a manhack as a single unit on youtube in HL2 Wars.
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

Terminus Prime

Post by Terminus Prime » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:38 pm

If they can't be built in 'squads' then it'd be fine just to create them in batches of individual units.

I can see them being constructed and deployed at the HQ (and possibly a war factory) rather than the Barracks.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:47 am

I think they could also be put in sentry mode, circling a base in a ring. As soon as a target is detected near the base, they surround and secimate it. They also trim the lawn while they're at it!

As for a fast cap unit, the metrocop. Cheap, fast, armed with a 9mm USP (can individually be upgraded to a .357 magnum) and can deploy a single manhack to scout (orbits the CP in a medium radius to increase the cop's LoS where its at).
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

Terminus Prime

Post by Terminus Prime » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:07 am

If the Metrocop weapon was to be upgradable (which I agree with), the MP7 would make more sense as a USP replacement than the magnum.

aromis

Post by aromis » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:19 pm

why do i get a scary image of a a huge swarm of manhacks, being made, to storm the enemy and kill them,

i would make the manhack a unit "very easy to destroy" that is best against stray antlions etc

pandango
Developer

Post by pandango » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:47 pm

i agree if u make lets see 10 squads of like 5-10 manhacks it would be to easy i suppose :P

but i wanna know how do u spawn so many at once when i do like npc spawn or unit create i can make on then i have to re-open console and press up and enter again so it takes ages to spawn an army :(

jimjim

Post by jimjim » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:25 pm

I bound a key to create NPCs.

RPG soldiers can destroy manhacks with little effort. Three SMG soldiers and an RPG soldier could hold off an entire swarm.

pandango
Developer

Post by pandango » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:36 pm

how do i bind keys then ?? (example) /bind ] unit_create unit_zombie or other way ?

jimjim

Post by jimjim » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:16 am

You're right but you need to use dev console.

Zaki90

Post by Zaki90 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:05 am

Only one problem.

I was playing Garry's Mod a couple days ago. I made a fight of 10 zombies and against 6 Metro Police with SMGs and 5 Manhacks. The zombies killed the Metro Police, but the Manhacks could not be hit by the zombies. The Manhacks continued and mowed down the zombies.

It's an unfair advantage. The zombies cannot even hit the Manhacks.

Also, I think that Metro Police (if added) can set off Manhacks.

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:23 am

Zombies are not part of a playable race and if developed from origin of a race then it would be from the combine who headcrab-shell the rebels all the time. It wouldn't really matter whether or not zombies could destroy manhacks, which I doubt they could realistically do efficiently. If the player chooses to spend resources on manhacks to clear zombies blocking the way to their combine base so they get taken down by smgs' or rpgs' then I think that is their decision as a strategy.
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

bmovers

Post by bmovers » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:43 am

Terminus Prime wrote: Accuracy: Perfect (Melee Attack)
Weaponry: Sawblade, Detonation Pack (Upgrade)

I want to use that sawblade to attack the enemy.

DragonStick

Post by DragonStick » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:15 pm

+10 good!!!!

MCJJ

Post by MCJJ » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 pm

DragonStick wrote:+10 good!!!!
... What the hell is that supposed to mean?