A Question about resources.

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nighthawk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A Question about resources.

Post by nighthawk » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:02 pm

First off i want to say this modification is great.
I realy like playing RTS games for a while, and when i first played this
one i must say this is looking awesome.

Now i'm looking forward to the next update of the game and im curious about the use of resources.
My questions :
What to expect from gathering resources in the next update ?
I expect from RTS games that you need to gather resources with specific vehicles.
So i'm wondering what kind of vehicles are you going to use to gather these resources.
I'am curious about that, because will it fit in the Half life 2 saga ?
And what kind of source does hl2wars is going to use for that ?

Jazz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A Question about resources.

Post by Jazz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:16 pm

nighthawk wrote:First off i want to say this modification is great.
I realy like playing RTS games for a while, and when i first played this
one i must say this is looking awesome.

Now i'm looking forward to the next update of the game and im curious about the use of resources.
My questions :
What to expect from gathering resources in the next update ?
I expect from RTS games that you need to gather resources with specific vehicles.
So i'm wondering what kind of vehicles are you going to use to gather these resources.
I'am curious about that, because will it fit in the Half life 2 saga ?
And what kind of source does hl2wars is going to use for that ?

it would be to hard to make another vehicle for gathering resources or anything so i think they will stick to resource/seconds and how much will you get by the captured flags thats all

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Its more like "more territory=more power, which brings people to your side, or if your the combine, bend them to your will".
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

Ennui
Contributor

Post by Ennui » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:15 am

We're working a little bit more complex resource system. There's still the same resource (called Supplies) from capturing resource points / objectives, but we're introducing Power which will have to do with your base structures and will act like a Pylon from Starcraft for outbuildings. There won't be any sort of resource collector vehicle, but probably you can build upgrades to your captured points to increase resources (similar to Relic's rts games).

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:55 am

Will their be two separate buildings for capture points? For example. one for unit cap and one for vehicles and non-people style units (hunters, the possibly implemented rebel tank being discussed, striders).

Ennui
Contributor

Post by Ennui » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:46 pm

No, the same resource will be used to purchase all types of units.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:38 am

Its like warhammer (I've only played the demo mind you), Requesition and Power. Pretty simple: requisition is your general supplies (metal, food, fuel, etc), and power is used for "assembling" them.

Terminus Prime

Post by Terminus Prime » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:20 pm

The Resistance should probably be a lot less dependent on power as compared to the Combine, at least for their lower-mid tier tech. They should also be given the ability to salvage/loot defeated enemy units and structures for resources and weapons, much like the GLA from Command and Conquer Generals.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:22 am

Makes sense that rebels would recycle the leftovers of combat. If anything, the combine would be using dead rebels for soylent green, so they wouldnt be harvesting anything, not even guns. The rebels still need the same stuff, but by scale. Rebel stuff is weaker and cheaper but faster to build. Thus if a rebel unit cost the same as its combine double, it would have the same stats.