Combine Organization

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
User avatar
Jenks
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Combine Organization

Post by Jenks » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:10 am

A few changes or ideas to the already existing Units or adding new Units.

OverWatch Soldier - 75% chance to spawn with SMG, 25% to spawn with AR2. Soldier's are more accurate with the Ar2 and do more damage. Soldier's can carry a Turret on their back and set it up when necessary.

OverWatch Support/Task Force - Spawns only with a SPAS 12 Shotgun. Can also carry a Turret on his back, but has the ability to lay Hopper Mines, Roller Mines and Turrets (Basically an Engineer Unit for the Combine).

OverWatch Elite - Spawns only with an AR2. Can also carry a Turret. It is stronger and does more damage than the average Soldier Unit. Elites are more accurate as well.

Metro-Police/Civil Protection - A weaker, less accurate, cheaper trooper of the Combine. 60% chance to spawn with a 9mm, 40% chance to spawn with a SMG. Has a special ability to release a Manhack and switch to use a Stunstick.

OverWatch APC - A tough, pretty fast assault tank carrying 2 passengers, two gunners, and a driver. Only one gun can be used at a time. The missile turret or the Combine Pulse Cannon found on the Hunter Chopper.

OverWatch Hunter Chopper - A powerful, quick assault 2 man air vehicle carrying a payload of Heli-Bombs and a Combine Pulse Cannon. The special ability activates the warning sequence in HL2 where it dispenses a huge payload of mines in quick succession. The Heli-Bombs coming out of the special ability will be way weaker to prevent entire base wipeouts.

Hunter Synth - A fast-moving three-legged beast that is meant to hunt down targets in the Outlands. Their special ability activates a small area covered by fog of war to become visible for a few seconds.

Gunship Synth - A Helicopter-like creature that resembles a bio-organic Chopper. They will only be called in as one of the Combine's Super Powers. They will fly across the map for 1 min before being called off to go off somewhere else to refuel.

Dropship Synth - Can be called in as a Combine Super Power to drop off reinforcements of Soldiers, or later, Striders.

OverWatch Assassin - A Unit with incredible speed that can traverse the battlefield. Assassins can kill enemies fairly easy and their special ability is to become cloaked, making it's enemies have a problem seeing it and reduce accuracy by 50% on it.
Last edited by Jenks on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
HL2Wars: Revolution 1.0 LATEST/ALL PATCHES:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8WABW4W

HL2Wars: Revolution Thread:

http://www.hl2wars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=766

User avatar
SkedarE
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 am
Location: Australia/SA/Adelaide
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by SkedarE » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:51 am

Like all of it except there a couple of bits of dirt on the cherry of the cake. The OverWatch Elite seems a little overpowered with all those abilities and believe they should be limited to incredible accuracy, or damage at close range as in the game, and maybe a health increase or slight inaccuracy for opposition.

All combine troops with turrets should be limited to one turret that may or may not be re-deployable. Other accessories, such as; hoppermines and rollermines should probably be limited somehow or their effect may be ruined. Manhacks usually come in packs small to large so they should be cheap and quick to deploy or to be deployed in numbers.

Gunships can be easily destroyed with many RPG troopers, which are cheap and will eventually be made effective hopefully, so bringing in one gunship as a superpower may not really work. More gunships could make that work.

I never thought of a percentage chance that troops could spawn with different weapons. It might be hard to implement into the game but it is a damn-well good idea I reckon. I was starting to get annoyed at building troops with only smgs and having to change units for anything different. :P :P :P
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

User avatar
scrub
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:53 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by scrub » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Air units aren't being engineered into the game yet.

User avatar
BiotecVirus
Contributor
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: England
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by BiotecVirus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:00 pm

OverWatch Soldier - 75% chance to spawn with SMG, 25% to spawn with Ar2. Soldier's are more accurate with the Ar2 and do more damage. Soldier's can carry a Turret on their back and set it up when necessary.

Elites Will have AR2 also with turrets mounted on there backs would that not make them overpowerful?

OverWatch Support/Task Force - Spawns only with a SPAS 12 Shotgun. Can also carry a Turret on his back, but has the ability to lay Hopper Mines, Roller Mines and Turrets (Basically an Engineer Unit for the Combine).

Engerneer Unit is a Stalker for Combine, You could have a Unit to place turrets and mines (not rollermines) on the frontline but there could be a catch e.g. X amount of points for turret build.

OverWatch Elite - Spawns only with an Ar2. Can also carry a Turret. It is stronger and does more damage than the average Soldier Unit. Elites are more accurate as well.

Completly fine but no turret

Metro-Police/Civil Protection - A weaker, less accurate, cheaper trooper of the Combine. 60% chance to spawn with a 9mm, 40% chance to spawn with a SMG. Has a special ability to release a Manhack and switch to use a Stunstick.

Just stick with Pistol but a smg as a upgrade, Manhacks may be used in diffrent ways e.g. Manhack Swarm, and I doubt the stunstick will be much use.

OverWatch APC - A tough, pretty fast assault tank carrying 2 passengers, two gunners, and a driver. Only one gun can be used at a time. The missile turret or the Combine Pulse Cannon found on the Hunter Chopper.

Its a APC/Amored car not a tank. 1 Gunner as it only has 1 turret and 1 driver. Missiles could be used as a special attack but will cost X amount of resource to use

OverWatch Hunter Chopper - A powerful, quick assault 2 man air vehicle carrying a payload of Heli-Bombs and a Combine Pulse Cannon. The special ability activates the warning sequence in HL2 where it dispenses a huge payload of mines in quick succession. The Heli-Bombs coming out of the special ability will be way weaker to prevent entire base wipeouts.

Choppers may take along time to implament/not be included at all so Ill discount this suggestion at present time.

Hunter Synth - A fast-moving three-legged beast that is meant to hunt down targets in the Outlands. Their special ability activates a small area covered by fog of war to become visible for a few seconds.

Discount the speical ability and that will be fine, as it will rival the rebels vortiguant

Gunship Synth - A Helicopter-like creature that resembles a bio-organic Chopper. They will only be called in as one of the Combine's Super Powers. They will fly across the map for 1 min before being called off to go off somewhere else to refuel.

Again doubt aircraft will be implemented.

Dropship Synth - Can be called in as a Combine Super Power to drop off reinforcements of Soldiers, or later, Striders.

Thats good but I think we all just about had this idea already in mind =)

OverWatch Assassin - A Unit with incredible speed that can traverse the battlefield. Assassins can kill enemies fairly easy and their special ability is to become cloaked, making it's enemies have a problem seeing it and reduce accuracy by 50% on it.

This has been debated many times In diffrent forms but i personally prefer the Assasin having a sniper rifle, stelth and a slower speed.
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

User avatar
HellSpawn
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:18 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by HellSpawn » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Jenks wrote: OverWatch Support/Task Force - Spawns only with a SPAS 12 Shotgun. Can also carry a Turret on his back,
This is a very good idea, it would make the shotgun soldier much more useful
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

User avatar
Jenks
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by Jenks » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:36 pm

I agree with BioTecVirus here on many things.

I might want to go a Rebel Organization after this. I'm just coming up with some simple ideas I find about what makes some very good Strategy games combined with HL2 Units and Controls.
HL2Wars: Revolution 1.0 LATEST/ALL PATCHES:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8WABW4W

HL2Wars: Revolution Thread:

http://www.hl2wars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=766

Vaun
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:21 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by Vaun » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:02 am

I know i suggested the assassin like 5 times, and id have it pull out a beta sniper rifle as a free, 2 second special abillity, and with cloaking, but its regular dual USP match pistols and cqc for close range.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

User avatar
MiniMacker
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:45 pm
Location: 1985
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by MiniMacker » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Dual USP pistols? What?
Image

User avatar
SkedarE
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 am
Location: Australia/SA/Adelaide
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by SkedarE » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Combine assasin with the mounted turret version of the AR2 or the helicopter gun?(chainguns)
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

User avatar
scrub
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:53 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by scrub » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:02 am

Now why would an assassin, have a machine gun. I would think that an assassin would want to be as quiet as possible and use the silenced dual USP's. Also, seeing as how the assassin model appears to be a female who is quite slim, she doesn't appear to have the physique required to be equipped with that weapon.

User avatar
SkedarE
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 am
Location: Australia/SA/Adelaide
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by SkedarE » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:47 am

scrub wrote:Now why would an assassin, have a machine gun. I would think that an assassin would want to be as quiet as possible and use the silenced dual USP's. Also, seeing as how the assassin model appears to be a female who is quite slim, she doesn't appear to have the physique required to be equipped with that weapon.
Sorry! Good point! But heavy machine guns could be implemented on a combine commando if they are implemented or a good idea. Silences rapid-action USP pistols being fired quickly with accuracy sounds good. But as an assassin(name), should they have an ability to switch to a combine sniper or something. It just seems to fit their role with the name assassins. The word brings to mind(for me) a covert opps person with multiple weaponry(two is fine).
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

User avatar
scrub
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:53 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by scrub » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:47 pm

SkedarE wrote:
scrub wrote:Now why would an assassin, have a machine gun. I would think that an assassin would want to be as quiet as possible and use the silenced dual USP's. Also, seeing as how the assassin model appears to be a female who is quite slim, she doesn't appear to have the physique required to be equipped with that weapon.
Sorry! Good point! But heavy machine guns could be implemented on a combine commando if they are implemented or a good idea. Silences rapid-action USP pistols being fired quickly with accuracy sounds good. But as an assassin(name), should they have an ability to switch to a combine sniper or something. It just seems to fit their role with the name assassins. The word brings to mind(for me) a covert opps person with multiple weaponry(two is fine).
I couldn't agree more!

User avatar
St3althPyr0_37
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Canada
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:09 pm

SkedarE wrote:
scrub wrote:Now why would an assassin, have a machine gun. I would think that an assassin would want to be as quiet as possible and use the silenced dual USP's. Also, seeing as how the assassin model appears to be a female who is quite slim, she doesn't appear to have the physique required to be equipped with that weapon.
Sorry! Good point! But heavy machine guns could be implemented on a combine commando if they are implemented or a good idea. Silences rapid-action USP pistols being fired quickly with accuracy sounds good. But as an assassin(name), should they have an ability to switch to a combine sniper or something. It just seems to fit their role with the name assassins. The word brings to mind(for me) a covert opps person with multiple weaponry(two is fine).
Nice idea
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

User avatar
SkedarE
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 am
Location: Australia/SA/Adelaide
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by SkedarE » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:46 pm

To extend on that, if a sniper and double pistols are added to an assassins role, then maybe the switching between weapons could take place using the ability icon in the HUD(i.e the grenade button). Also, should the assassins anti fog of war radius be increases when switching to sniper?
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

User avatar
Jenks
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Combine Organization

Post by Jenks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:02 am

SkedarE wrote:To extend on that, if a sniper and double pistols are added to an assassins role, then maybe the switching between weapons could take place using the ability icon in the HUD(i.e the grenade button). Also, should the assassins anti fog of war radius be increases when switching to sniper?
Definetely, Assassins need to be a slower, but tougher Unit.

Here is a video of a few in action in the HL2 Beta, as well ass other creatures that might be implementable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpnKPAL0 ... re=related
HL2Wars: Revolution 1.0 LATEST/ALL PATCHES:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8WABW4W

HL2Wars: Revolution Thread:

http://www.hl2wars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=766

Post Reply
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests