Medic auto heal

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GeneralTownes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Medic auto heal

Post by GeneralTownes » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:45 pm

medics automaticly heal teamates, respecting the 10 second recharge.

scrub
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Medic auto heal

Post by scrub » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:19 pm

I don't like this idea because then I don't actually have to do anything with my medic. I can create three and then just group them with my soldiers and have them automatically heal them. I wouldn't feel as if I was apart of them. I am still for healing my troops one at a time. From a logically point of view. Do medics heal soldiers automatically? They have to take care of them one by one. Now if there was a building (triage) or a vehicle that would to and AoE heal, then I can see that, but not medics.

GeneralTownes

Post by GeneralTownes » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:32 pm

i mean that in hl2, the medics heal other rebels by themselves after walking up to them and giving them a medkit.

HellSpawn

Post by HellSpawn » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:05 pm

i have to agree with Townes on this, in HL2, you didn't command medics to heal anyone, they did it on their own.
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Will be added to the next release.

I recently made a system for the strategic ai to make use of abilities, like throwing grenades. I could also easily apply this for auto using abilities.

St3althPyr0_37

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:59 pm

that would be nice
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

aceacs123

Post by aceacs123 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:08 pm

can you make an option to turn the auto heal on and off
"And if you see Dr.Breen, tell him I said FU--*CRASH*--OU" ,-Barney

seantheman

Post by seantheman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:31 pm

if you were going to have auto heal, there would be no real reason to turn it off, unless it auto healed someone who had lost only 1hp, and someone with 99hp lost doesnt.

GeneralTownes

Post by GeneralTownes » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:38 pm

just have the medics priorities to heal the ones in need

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:57 am

It would not really matter that much in a skirmish situation unless you were having real difficulty. Personally, I could live with a medic randomly healing units in my squad but are people saying that you should be able to right-click with a medic on a damaged unit to have it heal that unit? If so then that sounds sound. It gets annoying clicking on the medic ability icon many times when sometimes it doesn't work and individually have it heal people and have it using the ability on the ground or on fully healed units.
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

scrub

Post by scrub » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:48 pm

SkedarE wrote:It would not really matter that much in a skirmish situation unless you were having real difficulty. Personally, I could live with a medic randomly healing units in my squad but are people saying that you should be able to right-click with a medic on a damaged unit to have it heal that unit? If so then that sounds sound. It gets annoying clicking on the medic ability icon many times when sometimes it doesn't work and individually have it heal people and have it using the ability on the ground or on fully healed units.
Needs a hotkey!

aceacs123

Post by aceacs123 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:49 pm

seantheman wrote:if you were going to have auto heal, there would be no real reason to turn it off, unless it auto healed someone who had lost only 1hp, and someone with 99hp lost doesnt.
the reason i say that they need an on/off feature is resouce management perhaps you dont want your medics to spend "their energy" (in this case your cash) healing units at that moment maybe you want them to save it for later use or in this case for something else entirely
"And if you see Dr.Breen, tell him I said FU--*CRASH*--OU" ,-Barney

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 am

In EaW:FoC, you have a check box for enabling/disabling auto abillities, but even with it on its still possible to manually use them. If this new system works, then it'll be perfect.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...