Commandos

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
HellSpawn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Commandos

Post by HellSpawn » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Drunkenvalley wrote:
jimjim wrote:Python doesn't prevent them from stopping me form implementing my own versions of special characters.
...Your point being?

Why would you make a thread about this all if you're just going to implement them into your map(s) anyway?

Besides this, anyway, I'd like to make a mention in regards to using Valve's named characters:
Don't put things in their mouths.

See, what I mean is, no one likes having things happening that were never supposed to happen in the first place. Gordon Freeman on the South Pole for one.

While Gordon Freeman can move "freely" (as G-man can pull him in and out of stasis to and from any location he likes, it would seem), we should not abuse this concept. Nor should we use anything else.

The only scenario in which we should ever use these "heroes" like Freeman would be in extremely accurate reconstructions of actual events in the storyline.
He made the thread?
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

Drunkenvalley

Post by Drunkenvalley » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:49 pm

HellSpawn wrote:
Drunkenvalley wrote:
jimjim wrote:Python doesn't prevent them from stopping me form implementing my own versions of special characters.
...Your point being?

Why would you make a thread about this all if you're just going to implement them into your map(s) anyway?

Besides this, anyway, I'd like to make a mention in regards to using Valve's named characters:
Don't put things in their mouths.

See, what I mean is, no one likes having things happening that were never supposed to happen in the first place. Gordon Freeman on the South Pole for one.

While Gordon Freeman can move "freely" (as G-man can pull him in and out of stasis to and from any location he likes, it would seem), we should not abuse this concept. Nor should we use anything else.

The only scenario in which we should ever use these "heroes" like Freeman would be in extremely accurate reconstructions of actual events in the storyline.
He made the thread?
My bad. Generally speaking, what I meant was, "Why post if you're gonna do it anyway?"
Image Image

Vaun
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Vaun » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:34 am

If any rebels, Just make up new special characters. I could understand Barney Calhoun and Adrian Shephard. Though I guess the combine need something, something like a phonetic alphabet word and a few numbers (a serial number i suppose). I don't know the phonetic alphabet so just to give examples; SWORD-190-0871 and RAVEN-217-8647. If knocked out of combat, a medic (or any infantry unit really) could drag the injured hero bak to a med station or something and they'd heal up ove, say, 30 seconds to a minute. They wouldnt have a damage bonus, or much of one anyway. More likely buffs and debuffs, maby even higher accuracy or speed, maby even regen.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...