strider?

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
MiniMacker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: strider?

Post by MiniMacker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 am

Indeed, but I can't seem to be able to move them, only use the ultimate cannon of death.

Oh, and an NPC RPG rocket hits it for like, 7% of it's health. And they barely shoot.

Discrate
Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Discrate » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:40 am

MiniMacker wrote:Indeed, but I can't seem to be able to move them, only use the ultimate cannon of death.

Oh, and an NPC RPG rocket hits it for like, 7% of it's health. And they barely shoot.
remember everything is still buggy,

Necromunger

Post by Necromunger » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:42 am

unit_create_c npc_strider type that in console and it will appear where the mouse was befor you brang up the menu

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:21 am

Better use "unit_create unit_strider"

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm

i put in "unit_create_unit_copter_+" and it came up with a freaken helicopter!

scrub

Post by scrub » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:21 pm

You can create all sorts of units. I have created Zombine, fast and poison headcrabs, Alyx, Barney, and a lot more.

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:49 am

what are the codes for them? wait never mind i remember theres a thred on that

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:11 am

Necromunger wrote:unit_create_c npc_strider type that in console and it will appear where the mouse was befor you brang up the menu
I really would not bother using this in any maps other than the forest one you get typing 'map (list of ep2 & HLW maps)' and the sand traps map and the stranded or crashed whatever map because they have no 'support'. This meaning that when selected, they will NOT move ANYWHERE.

Note: Some customs maps may have support mentioned in their readme files.
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:50 pm

ok necro you are really ticking people off this is a dead thred and yes you can select striders and use them and move them on alll maps maby you dont have 1.5

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:10 am

Plazmatic wrote:ok necro you are really ticking people off this is a dead thred and yes you can select striders and use them and move them on alll maps maby you dont have 1.5
Sorry to keep a dead thread going, but did you mean HL2 Wars version0.5 or is there a newer version out and around beta testers? If so, I'd love to find how you get rid of strider node problems without manually placing a billion of them. My HL2 Wars v0.5 doesn't let striders move in tutorial, bridge, outland, or any other custom maps. I have the time but don't have the capability of putting a billion strider nodes all over these maps since hammer does not even see these maps in the map folder.

seantheman

Post by seantheman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:24 pm

newest version is 38 which is at downloads/builds .. havent got round to testing it

strictly speaking i didnt revive this at time of posting it is really near the top.

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Necromunger wrote:unit_create_c npc_strider type that in console and it will appear where the mouse was befor you brang up the menu
"npc_strider" ain't commendable by the player. Use "unit_create_c hlw_npc_strider" OR "unit_create unit_strider".

Jenks

Post by Jenks » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 am

Plazmatic wrote:how?
Simple, type unit_create unit_strider, works for me.

They work on most maps, but they are very overpowering, and when hit by an Ant Guard, they go flying off the map, still shooting at everything on it. We would have to fix that bug for one.

We need to make RPG troopers more available, and make possibly ramps and wood fortresses Rebels can create. Another problem we can fix is make it to where it is like SMOD: Tactical, we can damage Strider's with all of our weapons. So RPG's might consume time, but will make up for it, killing the Strider's easier.
HL2Wars: Revolution 1.0 LATEST/ALL PATCHES:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8WABW4W

HL2Wars: Revolution Thread:

http://www.hl2wars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=766

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Jenks wrote:

They work on most maps, but they are very overpowering, and when hit by an Ant Guard, they go flying off the map, still shooting at everything on it. We would have to fix that bug for one.

We need to make RPG troopers more available, and make possibly ramps and wood fortresses Rebels can create. Another problem we can fix is make it to where it is like SMOD: Tactical, we can damage Strider's with all of our weapons. So RPG's might consume time, but will make up for it, killing the Strider's easier.
Striders need that invunerability to small arms for it's effect in RTS and obviously in HL2. Otherwise they coould be overwhelmed with millions of smg rebels which would unrealistic and would spoil strider's effect. You need that sense of urgency to create that special rpg trooper unit while the enemy strider takes down your original tactic of spamming cheap rebel units(rebels are in short supply realistically while combine should spam and die with their troops). This creates more strategy to the game which furthers interest as a challenge. A lot of people would get bored fast from spamming troops in a general direction. You can still do this, but it would be counter-able like all tactics in good RTS games.

Jazz

Post by Jazz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:10 pm

SkedarE wrote:
Jenks wrote:

Striders need that invunerability to small arms for it's effect in RTS and obviously in HL2. Otherwise they coould be overwhelmed with millions of smg rebels which would unrealistic and would spoil strider's effect. You need that sense of urgency to create that special rpg trooper unit while the enemy strider takes down your original tactic of spamming cheap rebel units(rebels are in short supply realistically while combine should spam and die with their troops). This creates more strategy to the game which furthers interest as a challenge. A lot of people would get bored fast from spamming troops in a general direction. You can still do this, but it would be counter-able like all tactics in good RTS games.
what he sead :!: :wink: I support SkedarE,why kill an ARMORED strider with a SMG :? you could add a special power to rebels to spawn does bombs that scientist made from EP2 (cant remember name) and stick on the striders and blow up (unless you wanna wait until 1 soldier FINNALY hits it after half an hour (HAA-LELUIA)