Neutral buildings

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Drunkenvalley

Neutral buildings

Post by Drunkenvalley » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 pm

So I thought it over, and decided that a good thing to find in maps would be... well, neutral buildings.

What they do? They are certain buildings with various properties, such as small outposts, armories, even perhaps helipads (combine of course) or factories.

The properties would vary from one faction to another. Or maybe one faction can't/won't use certain buildings at all!
Image Image

Vaun
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Neutral buildings

Post by Vaun » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:49 am

Pretty sure this was suggested before at least twice.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

HellSpawn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by HellSpawn » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:46 am

...and should probably be inplemented at some point. capturable buildings with subtle advantages are rather fun to fight over.
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

Drunkenvalley

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:40 am

Vaun wrote:Pretty sure this was suggested before at least twice.
Vaun, I've read a few of your posts so far, and you're doing nothing else than being an idiot. You're not a moderator, nor are you contributing to the thread AT ALL...
Image Image

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:54 am

Drunken watch it. Your gonan get yaself banned or at least supended
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 am

BiotecVirus wrote:Drunken watch it. Your gonan get yaself banned or at least supended
Why would that be?

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:12 pm

I just dont want thign to escalate so i tried to put a stop to it lol. I know a silly thing to do =)
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

Drunkenvalley

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:14 pm

BiotecVirus wrote:I just dont want thign to escalate so i tried to put a stop to it lol. I know a silly thing to do =)
I wasn't planning to do more than point out I do not want his posts if he doesn't contribute to the thread. ^^;
Image Image

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Drunkenvalley wrote:
Vaun wrote:Pretty sure this was suggested before at least twice.
Vaun, I've read a few of your posts so far, and you're doing nothing else than being an idiot. You're not a moderator, nor are you contributing to the thread AT ALL...

i do agree with that though ^^; any way yes netural buildings would be awsome and add a new aspect to the game

HeadRebel

Post by HeadRebel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Drunkenvalley wrote:So I thought it over, and decided that a good thing to find in maps would be... well, neutral buildings.

What they do? They are certain buildings with various properties, such as small outposts, armories, even perhaps helipads (combine of course) or factories.

The properties would vary from one faction to another. Or maybe one faction can't/won't use certain buildings at all!
Isnt this already slightly implemented in the training level where u capture that barracks?
I think a scanner is watching me...

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:22 pm

i think he means with out captureing the dish comand post thingy and there be more buildings with more uses

Drunkenvalley

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:25 pm

I was thinking things like Scrapyards, Outposts, etc, where resources are retrieved, or you can hire special troops usually inaccessible.

Imagine the rebels being able to capture a facility to produce (highly expensive, I might add) vehicles, for example.
Image Image

HellSpawn

Post by HellSpawn » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:19 am

neutral buildings are currently possible with the I/O system, although they don't really have the functionality to do things like reveal map areas, they could probably make units, you'll have to consult sander on that one

EDIT: or better yet, go to the wiki and have a look around there
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.