research building idea

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bolavard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

research building idea

Post by bolavard » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Okay I snapped an idea of a research building for the players to research for upgrades like an increased attack upgrade or reduces time for units to be created in barracks or weapon upgrades like an upgrade for SMG units to have the ability to use the launch grenade on the SMG or unit special ability recharge time reduced. Also like a research upgrade for to allow the player to arm his troops with AR2's or shotguns. Things like that to add for the game

post back when you can

sorry if this idea was already suggest i did check to see if it was posted

BiotecVirus
Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: research building idea

Post by BiotecVirus » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:11 pm

SMG nades would be a bad idea they are exstreamly powerful, at least a standard grenade can roll around abit or completly miss.
A research building would only be used for things like "bigger mag clips" "better protection from bullets" "combine light shield technology" etc
Ar2 troops etc would proboly come along ethier when the building is built or a certain reaserch+other buildings have been built to allow it to be trained.
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

bolavard

Post by bolavard » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:53 pm

i agree with the SMG nade part but the research upgrade part with researching for increasing defense called "reinforced armor" effect reduces damage taken by bullets/ increases defense of ground troops. Or a upgrade called "steel tipped bullets" effect increases attack of SMG troops.

just ideas for the new building i though of. you don't have to agree these

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:46 am

I just figured out something though: all types of infantry are immediately available to the combine because the combines dont have "experience training" like a normal soldier, but are programmed in infantry production centers.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

HellSpawn

Post by HellSpawn » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:43 am

i believe that research should focus on unit upgrades. an army with a good commander will have most, if not all upgrades, and will be at their full fighting potential
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

bolavard

Post by bolavard » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:12 am

Well thats what im talking about Hellspawn research upgrades to improve the combat of your troops make them more effective against the other players troops to gain the upper hand of the battlefield. Which is why i suggest this to be a new building and new things to do with it .

HeadRebel

Post by HeadRebel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Being able to improve the damage and armor of your units isnt a bad idea. but they should at least take a good amount of time to research so they wouldnt be immediatly available
I think a scanner is watching me...

MiniMacker

Post by MiniMacker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:10 am

Yeah! Like an armory!

Every RTS game needs one.

"Quantity or Quality..."