Combine "One-of-a-kind" units

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Drunkenvalley

Re: Combine "One-of-a-kind" units

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:26 am

Plazmatic wrote:
scrub wrote:I never said it was impossible...
stfu and stay on topic and yes you did imply that it was impossible, period

maby we should get ppl from other half life games as heroes like the latter half life 1 games valve made and half life 2
*sigh* Mind cutting out that language before any moderator/administrator does?
Also, don't put words into people's mouth. That's just eww.
Image Image

scrub
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by scrub » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:48 am

I was just saying in response to the fact that if Dog or any hero unit were to die for that matter, they wouldn't be able to come back. But since Vaun had stated that Dog is a robot and would be able to be repaired, I agreed with him because he could be repaired since he isn't human, however if humans are to die, they cannot come back. If you are wanting for me to say something is impossible because I didn't then here you go... It is impossible for humans to come back to life when they are dead, unless they are left incapacitated like Vaun and you suggested, then it would be okay for them to come back.

Plazmatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Plazmatic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:51 am

Vaun wrote:Wow. Just gtfo right now, you completely missed what i said about them. They dont have their super regen, just higher hp than a standard unit and slight health regen. Besides, you cant actually make a hero unit because all other units are generic, but when classes are added (and the combines get a med unit) you can upgrade your units stats as they gain ranks through kills. Though that is fairly unfesable for the combine due to their promotions are denoted by how much "training" they recieve. Though the combines will need a medic unit if theyre going to really have any use for infantry after getting striders aside for capping points.

i used it ince other ppl used it but i edited it out any way after reading other replies also YOU shush and get back on topic. maby we could use main chracters from other fps half life mods

HeadRebel

Post by HeadRebel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:08 pm

I dont see any problem with "creating" New special units or named units (not necessarily heroes) for story telling purposes. Why is this over so much debate? in other rts games, the hero was just one of the normal units with extra health, armor, and attack power. Also Swords for the combine? that makes no sense, the combine has mountains of soldiers, and technology at their command, if they want to use some stealth, why not re-use the beta combine assassin? or make a new one with silenced weapons?
I think a scanner is watching me...

MiniMacker

Post by MiniMacker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:08 am

HeadRebel wrote:I dont see any problem with "creating" New special units or named units (not necessarily heroes) for story telling purposes. Why is this over so much debate? in other rts games, the hero was just one of the normal units with extra health, armor, and attack power. Also Swords for the combine? that makes no sense, the combine has mountains of soldiers, and technology at their command, if they want to use some stealth, why not re-use the beta combine assassin? or make a new one with silenced weapons?
Thank you.

Now, Mission-Only? Hell yes.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:11 pm

I suggested the combine assassin, in fact thats the model intended for shade, but they use a custom dual usp weapon that would have to be remade as well. For a sword, think stunstic that cuts people-quietly. Also, they'd be incapacitated, like squirming on the ground bleeding. Vorts revived alyx from near death, and combine are cyborgs, they could be repaired by engineers as well as standard medicine. So maby medics could revive an incapped specialty unit with very low health and the unit can then return to base to regen hp after a while. The combine dont have a medic unit, so they either need a medic unit or the stalker would have to double as the medic.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

MiniMacker

Post by MiniMacker » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 pm

If I get what you're saying, then...

No swords, *Points to HeadRebel's post* . Combines' got some damn Energy weapons that can just vaporise an Antlion Guard in no-time!

Why swing clumsy blades when you can blast hot burning plasma at your enemy.

Bigredone

Post by Bigredone » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Vorts needed a thing from the Antlions to bring back Alex and i don't think they would have lead Gordon down there to get it if they had them in mass.Medic heal those that are standing up. and to have wounded would take some coding and to make then fall down and lay there to bleed out will be some work.BTW you may not know but Medics are just Rebel that in Charge of holding Med kits.Few of them know anything more then first aid and other just giving out med kits and waiting by them until they die, Medics that know what their doing would be few and far between. Alot of Rebels will die as there isn't alot Trained Medics.

In Short.only a few of Medics know more then basic first aid so bring someone back from near death can't be done

HellSpawn

Post by HellSpawn » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

also the lack of surgical equipment would make things a LOT harder.
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:53 am

1. Specialty units need a certain way to be revived and this is the easiest way to do it without having something overcomplicated or making something completely new. 2.The combine dont actually have a medical unit so either they make a med-bine or give the stalkers, which do everything else, a medical abillity or something. 3. If your just going to say how bad everything is and not suggest a new/improved way to do it (redone), dont post.

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:23 am

for the med thing we need that wall health machine the combine have.

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:25 am

Ya, im sure theyll incorporate a device that, when close enough, replenish hp of ur units.

danm36

Post by danm36 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:35 am

My ideas:

Rebels - Combine

Alyx = Mossman (HL2 traitor Mossman)

Barney = Breen

Probably already suggested but I cant be bothered reading through lots of pages.

Drunkenvalley

Post by Drunkenvalley » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:45 am

danm36 wrote:My ideas:

Rebels - Combine

Alyx = Mossman (HL2 traitor Mossman)

Barney = Breen

Probably already suggested but I cant be bothered reading through lots of pages.
Both Breen & Mossman are highly unlikely to ever go out into grounds they deem unsafe. Mossman was also only a semi-traitor. She doubled over to the Resistance again. Though this makes it arguable that she isn't too trustworthy and might be prone to repeat such actions.
Image Image

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:59 pm

the only viable counter so far that we can think of is the advisor but thats it