Why headcrab cannisters should be nerfed.

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sants1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Why headcrab cannisters should be nerfed.

Post by sants1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:43 am

This was in a 3v3, and we had about 10 launching every minute.

rui_troia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Why headcrab cannisters should be nerfed.

Post by rui_troia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:30 am

I agree that the canister should be nerfed just a tiny bit, but in other hand if you are getting bombarded by those you can either get aid stations(combine) / medic units (rebel) to keep the units alive, or go on the lookout for the canister artillary (in most of the maps, canisters need to be build around the middle of the map in order to reach the enemy's base)

sants1

Post by sants1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:31 am

rui_troia wrote:I agree that the canister should be nerfed just a tiny bit, but in other hand if you are getting bombarded by those you can either get aid stations(combine) / medic units (rebel) to keep the units alive, or go on the lookout for the canister artillary (in most of the maps, canisters need to be build around the middle of the map in order to reach the enemy's base)
Right, and I think that would be a good counter. But sometimes it can be extremely overwhelming. Next time we play a game, I'll record a demo and upload it just to show you how OP this really is.

rui_troia

Post by rui_troia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:49 am

sants1 wrote:
rui_troia wrote:I agree that the canister should be nerfed just a tiny bit, but in other hand if you are getting bombarded by those you can either get aid stations(combine) / medic units (rebel) to keep the units alive, or go on the lookout for the canister artillary (in most of the maps, canisters need to be build around the middle of the map in order to reach the enemy's base)
Right, and I think that would be a good counter. But sometimes it can be extremely overwhelming. Next time we play a game, I'll record a demo and upload it just to show you how OP this really is.
I am well aware how op that thing is, if you manage to get in middle of the map before the 5 minute mark and build 5 canisters and alot of power regen, stack mass just to make 5 launches a time, and bang everything that is human in the target's is infested, that thing can even stun striders so look out

heres another example of a win made only by headcrab canisters

sants1

Post by sants1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:09 am

rui_troia wrote:
sants1 wrote:
I am well aware how op that thing is, if you manage to get in middle of the map before the 5 minute mark and build 5 canisters and alot of power regen, stack mass just to make 5 launches a time, and bang everything that is human in the target's is infested, that thing can even stun striders so look out

heres another example of a win made only by headcrab canisters
I mean, I don't think they should be completely nerfed. Maybe just use a little more resources to blast the canisters off. Because, like you said, these can be countered.

rui_troia

Post by rui_troia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:58 am

well yeah, rising the resources needed per launch might be right thing to do