Ravenholm! + other ideas

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Empa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ravenholm! + other ideas

Post by Empa » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:42 am

New map:
Ravenholm.

Maybe a map with ravenholm in middle with rebels on one side and combines on other side?
(zombies in middle)

New units

Combine:

Sniper: A unit with sniper massive long damage but slow movement and low ammo.
I know theres no model for a sniper on combine team but maybe i can make one.

Watchtower: That units can enter and shoot from. 1/2 max

Mortar: That "cannon" we saw in single player. (big laser coming from sky which you could control)

Cant remmimber name: But them "slave's" they had wich had like no legs and arm's.

Rollermines: Do i need to say more?

Rebels:

"sniper" a unit with crossbow same as combine sniper just that its more of a.. crossbow.. minus the laser sight.

Watchtower: That units can enter and shoot from. 1/2 max
Vortigaunts: builder with high close range damage tho low health.

Heros

Rebels:
Alyx: Good close range hero.
Barney: Good mid range hero.
Gordon: Super Hero. Can spawn antlions that protect him.

Combine:

Leader of nova prospect: Close range hero
Super Combine Soldier Leader: Good mid range hero
Super Combine Sniper: Super Long range unit. Can call for airstrike?

I know the combines are kinda crappy on the hero section. But i didint rly know what kinda hero's should be with em.

Sorry if some of these ideas are already taken.

Just my ideas i had. Comments please :)

Necromunger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ravenholm! + other ideas

Post by Necromunger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:09 am

Well them slave things are actualy people, that the combine have... lets just say "Changed".

But i think a Ravenholm map with some traps triggers would be good ill help if you want.

Empa

Post by Empa » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:33 am

The map idea i just had as an suggestion.

But if you wanna make the map with me we could probably do it.

HellSpawn

Post by HellSpawn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:04 am

the 'slaves' (named stalkers) will be in the next release as the Combine's engineer, as for the other things, i would support the sniper idea, i dont know about the 'cannon' (named suppression device), seems overpowered, and as for heroes, they are still being considers (i personally don't like the idea of heroes)
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

the9thdude

Post by the9thdude » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:00 pm

The idea of heroes in another RTS really want to make me puke. They're too overpowered and you feel helpless when they show up.

However, I've been thinking for things to balance the two teams out and came up with this:
Combine - Rebels
Soldier (random weapon spawn) - Rebel (random weapon spawn)
Stalker - Medic/Engineer
Headcrab/Zombie - Antlions (Only if an HEV soldier is around)
Hunter - Buggy with Machine gun
Elite Soldier - HEV Soldier (not Gordon Freeman powerful, gains x2 health if Vortigaunt heals; random weapon spawn)
Drop Ship - Tunnel Transport System (Unit goes in, comes out the other side in 5 seconds; works for both teams but can only be built and destroyed by Rebels)
Strider - Vortigaunt (also acts as Medic to HEV soldier)

Random Weapon Spawns would be:
60% - Machine Gun
30% - Shotgun
5% - Rocket Launcher
3% - Sniper Rifle
1% - Antlion Control
1% - Gravity Gun

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:27 pm

Why would you want random weapon spawn?

Empa

Post by Empa » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Random weapon is stupid imo.

Should be like normal RTS where you pay units with 1 weapon or you can upgrade to difrent weapons.

The gravity gun would be really hard for an RTS. after all how many things in the map would work to pick up and throw att enemies. + theres no NPC that can use the gravity gun (that i know of)

Necromunger

Post by Necromunger » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:04 am

yeah im not sure about random weapons but i dont think grav guns should come into the game unless/untill we plan a diffreant way of geting reasources, like a script for the grav gun men to go pick up stuff then drop it at a point...

I know its a hella more complicated then that but empa ill talk to you later about makein the map

the9thdude

Post by the9thdude » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:03 am

Meh, I was just throwing some ideas out.

LnG

Post by LnG » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:24 am

I would love to see HEV Soldiers :P

Empa

Post by Empa » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:33 pm

HEV suits is the win. but then isisnt it like only one remaining suit.

it wouldnt fit HL2 with 100s of gordon look alikes rushed over a hill.

It only fits with gordon as hero. tho gordon seems to be overpowerd imo.

Maybe heroes dont fit current gameplay.

What i'd like to see is snipers. Mainly intrests.

Then i want to encourage everybody to make their own maps for this mod. The more maps the funnier gameplay.
I might write a tutorial on howto make maps for this mod. (Still havent done it but i think i could do it)

varicen

Post by varicen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:26 am

i really like the idea of HEV troops maybe make them ex-hecu troops

Necromunger

Post by Necromunger » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:35 pm

the ravenholm map is in prodoction

roguesniper389

Post by roguesniper389 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:06 pm

random weapons - no, they're different infantry type, theyre
heroes - no, were not playing DOW or WC3
ravenholm - ftw, this and highway 17/sandtraps best levels imo

i do like how you can choose to build a private who has smg, corporal or w/e - with shotgun, and elite - with ar2, and rebels with their ranks/classes
makes it feel idk more realistic or something

Rubs10

Post by Rubs10 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:58 am

There should only be 1 hero per team and they should have weak weapons but boost the other units streangth. Gordan could have a crowbar (Short range and but fast and a very strong attack ((most) everyone else will have long range weapons and this far in the game, they would have better weapons))
The combine would have the fat ugly flying slugs that had short range brain eating attacks (1 hit kill unless its freeman) but it would be slow.

Thats IF you have heros.