New HUD

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
Sandern
Developer

Re: New HUD

Post by Sandern » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:50 pm

St3althPyr0_37
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Thats a big improvement, thank you and nice job!
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

Vaun
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Vaun » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Think about that though. If you try to select one unit from several tiny boxes then it would be rather difficult. Instead, just have a box for every type of unit, and a number in the corner of the box representing the number of the units of that kind selected. If your confused, im not saying have boxes for striders or gunships if theyre not selected, for example: you have a squad of 1 elite, 2 shotgunners, and 3 smg soldiers, when you select them you get 1 combine elite box with a 1 in the corner, 1 shotgunner box with a 2 in the corner, and 1 smg soldier box with a 3 in the corner.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

world_of_halflife

Post by world_of_halflife » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:22 am

to much Total Rome... (or what was that game)
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference" - Gman
(add me to Steam Community: StalkDude343)

Neo Prophet

Post by Neo Prophet » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:46 am

world_of_halflife wrote:to much Total Rome... (or what was that game)
if not copying slightly from total war games in general, the fact that controlling 8o odd guys at once is not something to be encouraged, so making the size of the boxes go down with the increase in number is exactly what you want, because the game's not about running around with massive columns of troops and waves of tanks, it strives on the great attention to detail which will be lost if you have a block of 80 bods stomping around a map, besides, you can still select a box out of those 80, they aren't that small.

fighter84

Post by fighter84 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:37 am

I agrees with neo prophet plus who is to say they're wont be a limit a limit to how many units u can select at once.
Ull have so many little boxes u dont even know what kind of soldier it is.
FIGHTER*84

Half-Life 2 Revolution Official Site:
www.halflife2revolution.webs.com

Vaun

Post by Vaun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:34 am

In the new update, they display a limit of 75 units, but i got up to 110 before i fiinished the map.

Something else i would suggest for unit boxes, when you click a box, it singles that unit out of the group.

Also, i think if you tell a unit to use its secondary, all units of the same unit in the squad use that attack, or make a little check box that controls single or all units.
In war, theres always one who is not dedicated to one side, but against all.
He is the Angel of Death...

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:16 am

If you try to build units when you reached the unit limit, it shouldn't be possible.
Already queued units will still be produced (still need to fix).

warbrand2

Post by warbrand2 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:06 pm

world_of_halflife wrote:to much Total Rome... (or what was that game)
Rome total war i have it is that what your thinking
rts+hl2=cool limited vocab
i have over 100 ideas and only 1 in 10 are probably good.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:51 am

Hopefully after the initial HUD has been completed, this idea could be paid some attention to. It gives the map your playing in a distinct side that your playing on, rather than simply you ordering those forces around.

aceacs123

Post by aceacs123 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 am

Vaun wrote:
Something else i would suggest for unit boxes, when you click a box, it singles that unit out of the group.

Also, i think if you tell a unit to use its secondary, all units of the same unit in the squad use that attack, or make a little check box that controls single or all units.
im with this line of thinking............hows this

..with a group of units sellected you can move your mouse over their icons on the hud as you move over their icons the icons border will change color (yellow) and its corrisponding units selection circle will also turn (yellow) (for identification puposes)
..by leftclicking on the huds unit icons you can toggle units from normal (green) to active (blue)
all units will follow normal commands (ie. move, attack.) but only blue units will respond to secondary attacks.
..rightclicking units will drop them completly out of group doubleclicking a unit will drop all the other units

here is where i really get carried away...

..make a button to toggle all units in group blue and make a button to toggle all units in group green ,also a button that makes only the blue units respond to all orders and same for green
..when the doubleclicking and rightclicking is done to one of the members of the blue group it applys to all the members of the blue group.

i know this is a little far gone but im just tryin to throw out some new ideas :D
"And if you see Dr.Breen, tell him I said FU--*CRASH*--OU" ,-Barney

GeneralTownes

Post by GeneralTownes » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:46 pm

if u select a unit icon in the selection, u should select that unit

scrub

Post by scrub » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Do you guys realize that you just revived a dead thread?

HellSpawn

Post by HellSpawn » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:24 pm

yes, a VERY old thread. locking for oldness
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.