New HUD

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what you'd like to see in a future version of Lambda Wars, tell us about it here.
PuNkD_

New HUD

Post by PuNkD_ » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:21 am

Am i the only one that think the gameHUD could be better?
Ofc It might be tricky to add into the game and stuff.. But i think it is crappy, No offence. :?

I think of Team-based huds, :D
so if youre rebel you see this Hud with all these Scrap and wood based constructions they make. A rebel theme if u understand.
If youre Combine you might see this Cold blue metalworks and computermonitors n' stuff.
(if youre adding an antlion team) you could make it like their nests, with cocoons n' that kind of things.

I think it would be a great addition to the game! :D
you are reading this.

Sandern
Developer

Re: New HUD

Post by Sandern » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 am

Not sure what's crappy about it?

HellSpawn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by HellSpawn » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:41 am

Yeah, i don't mind it at all personally, but i do like the idea of separate HUDs depending on team
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

St3althPyr0_37
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:44 pm

I do like the existing hud, I like the idea of unique faction based huds, but i don't think that should be a high priority change
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

Khytau

Post by Khytau » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 pm

I think so ^^

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:46 am

The (updated) hud currently looks like this:

I think it looks good, but maybe the unit groups are floating around a bit in the middle.

Donat

Post by Donat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Looking good, :) maybe if you just made some sort of 'clamp' and HL2wars symbol at the top it would even it out

aceacs123

Post by aceacs123 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:02 pm

here is what bugs me about it you have 20+ units selected but only 8 icons on hud
"And if you see Dr.Breen, tell him I said FU--*CRASH*--OU" ,-Barney

world_of_halflife

Post by world_of_halflife » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:30 pm

aceacs123 wrote:here is what bugs me about it you have 20+ units selected but only 8 icons on hud
LOL! ROFL! LMAO! HAHAHA! XD! I DIDNT REALIZE THAT! HAHAHAHA! LOLZ! LULZ! (so on...) LOL! ROFL! LMAO! HAHAHA! XD! (two hours later) LOL! ROFL! LMAO! HAHAHA! XD! :lol:
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference" - Gman
(add me to Steam Community: StalkDude343)

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:06 am

aceacs123 wrote:here is what bugs me about it you have 20+ units selected but only 8 icons on hud
It simply shows max 8 units in the hud. I still need to create something for it.

world_of_halflife

Post by world_of_halflife » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Btw, why do the soldiers have lazers like the snipers do? are they snipers? there will be some snipers? if there will, then it would be impossible for the rebels to win :o
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference" - Gman
(add me to Steam Community: StalkDude343)

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:00 pm

I'm working a bit on a combine sniper. Just because of the cool lasers.

Rogabeetah

Post by Rogabeetah » Sat May 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Personally, I think the HUD looks a little too "WW2-ish".
Donat wrote:Looking good, :) maybe if you just made some sort of 'clamp' and HL2wars symbol at the top it would even it out
I like the idea of having the Lambda symbol somewhere, especially for the Resistance. That IS their symbol after all :-P
Perhaps for the Combine, the HUD could be the textures from the Source SDK. The Combine Metal textures, if arranged decently, could look pretty neat.
Maybe I'll experiment some and upload some concepts. :-)
"hah, it always is fun to make everyone in the server use caps lock while typing profane and indecent language at you while praying to the holy deity of their choice an admin will ban you."

PuNkD_

Post by PuNkD_ » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:54 pm

Thx all for looking at this post. :mrgreen:
you are reading this.

Neo Prophet

Post by Neo Prophet » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:55 pm

im all for team specific HUDs, but i agree provided the idea is noted nothing will be done with it for awhile, the 2 main ways of having more than (say 8) units in the hud is either to have some arrows (DOW style) or just to make all the images smaller depending on how many units you have selected, i prefer this method as u dont get lost in a sea of lots of the same type as u do with arrows and it encorages the player to use smaller groups so its easier to maintain each individual as you can still click on them they are just small.

some time in a later build some buttons near the mini map for locating builder units or idle stuff would be handy too.

keep up the great work.