The developers build is public accessible and is located at a subversion repository.
Lambda Wars is now on it's own Steam AppID, which means you need access to it on your Steam account. To still play it as an Alien Swarm mod, make the following two modifications after checking out the repository:
- Open gameinfo.txt and change "270370" to "630"
- Open steam.inf and change "appID=270370" to "appID=630"
Before trying out the developers build please note
- Keep everything related to the developers build in this thread
Getting the Alien Swarm engine developers build
The developers builds is located at: http://svn.hl2wars.com/hl2wars_asw_dev/trunk
You can view changes at: http://svn.hl2wars.com/
To checkout the most recent build follow these steps:
- Download TortoiseSVN: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html
- Install it
- Create a new folder called hl2wars_asw_dev in \Steam\steamapps\sourcemods, right click it and press SVN Checkout...
- URL: http://svn.hl2wars.com/hl2wars_asw_dev/trunk
Checkout directory: \Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\hl2wars_asw_dev
- Press ok
- Right click the folder again and press SVN Update
- In Steam add "-override_vpk" to the Launsh Options. (right click "hl2wars" -> Properties)
- The first time you launch the mod you may not see the menu, because it generates the sound cache the first time you launch the game.
Alternatively you can download revision 2368 from here: http://www.hl2wars.com/download/hl2wars ... rev2368.7z
Then extract it into your sourcemods folder and press SVN Update (using TortoiseSVN). This will save you from having to download all files one by one through the svn update process (might be slightly faster).
Note: To get the change log, right click the hl2wars folder and press tortoisesvn->show log[/s]
unitpanel - Show a panel for spawning units.
unit_create - Create an unit from the console.
abilitypanel - Show a panel to execute abilities.
wars_abi - Execute an ability from the console.
playermodifiertool - Show a panel to modify some player instance data like the color.
attributemodifiertool - Show a panel for modifying attributes of units.
load_gamepackage - Load a game package.
change_ownernumber - Change your owner number. Is used to indentify which units you can control.
wars_setgamerules - Change the gamerules.
wars_giveresources [ResourceName] [Amount] [Player|optional] - Give resources