How far are we?

Any discussion about Lambda Wars that doesn't fit in the other subforums.
HellSpawn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How far are we?

Post by HellSpawn » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:39 pm

that also explains why Dog ripped out it's brain in episode 2.
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

Discrate
Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Discrate » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Ennui wrote:The Strider is a Combine "synth", meaning it is a biomechanical organism engineered by the Combine to kick ass and take names. They are not a vehicle, because they aren't controlled by anything - they're basically intelligent, Combine-made organic machines. Other synths: Hunters, Crab synth, Mortar synth, Scanners, Manhacks, Dropship, Hunter Chopper
Exactly what i thought, but was not too sure. So yeh, there are no vechiles in hl2wars.

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Apart of the actual definition of a vehicle I usually think of tanks/bugs/cars way. The problem with these vehicles is that you can't just strafe, but need to turn. Overall that requires more work to implement nicely, while a strider can move in all directions.

pandango
Developer

Post by pandango » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 pm

i dont care so much about vehicles i just say its cool but i just wanna know when full release comes out :)

and im still in for headcrab team (A)

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:47 am

Can we borrow (he he :twisted: ) animations and paths from the Company of heroes American Jeep using programs to extract the hidden files like from steam folders and implement this into HL2 vehicles?

Jazz

Post by Jazz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:39 am

SkedarE wrote:Can we borrow (he he :twisted: ) animations and paths from the Company of heroes American Jeep using programs to extract the hidden files like from steam folders and implement this into HL2 vehicles?

dwaaa BRUTAL MAN just brutal..................I LIKE IT :twisted: i Agree (none will notice that its from CoH if we put a lambda sign on it :lol:

ixidron

Post by ixidron » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Evil idea, but better don't do it or valve will ban the mod.

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:00 pm

We could still extract the files and people with knowledge on them could take a look to give an idea of how to move car/tank like vehicles. I hear EA is taking over valve and it's only a matter of time before they screw up all of Valves top trademark games. We might want to get in as much completed and packed HL2 Wars before EA bans the majority or all of the Valve mods or makes people pay to mod and use mods because they are evil.

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Why not make our own system and not nick things from other mods. Also we can developer our furthur than any other.
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras