How far are we?

Any discussion about Lambda Wars that doesn't fit in the other subforums.
St3althPyr0_37
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How far are we?

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Discrate wrote:
SkedarE wrote:Any vehicle buildings being implemented at the moment?

no way lol. Vehicles are a long long way off, they arnt even being considered yet. Currently the basics of the game are being focused on.
It is possible to spawn striders but they have not been integrated into the game yet
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

Plazmatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Plazmatic » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:44 pm

i can spawn and control heli's as well as apc's but AI cant use them only i can at the moment, unfortunetley i have no idea how to implement it with the AI so im a little stuck :( but i did get vhehicle buildings but with no textures in :) im having a little trouble with what textures i should use

Discrate
Contributor

Post by Discrate » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:01 am

Plazmatic wrote:i can spawn and control heli's as well as apc's but AI cant use them only i can at the moment, unfortunetley i have no idea how to implement it with the AI so im a little stuck :( but i did get vhehicle buildings but with no textures in :) im having a little trouble with what textures i should use
I dont see how you did this, your not a devoloper of hl2wars. Anyway you shouldnt be changing things in the game anyway, next thing we know youll be releasing hl2wars and saying "oh this mod is made by me look it has a shitty vehicle buildings, yes i am good "

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:08 am

Discrate wrote:
Plazmatic wrote:i can spawn and control heli's as well as apc's but AI cant use them only i can at the moment, unfortunetley i have no idea how to implement it with the AI so im a little stuck :( but i did get vhehicle buildings but with no textures in :) im having a little trouble with what textures i should use
I dont see how you did this, your not a devoloper of hl2wars. Anyway you shouldnt be changing things in the game anyway, next thing we know youll be releasing hl2wars and saying "oh this mod is made by me look it has a shitty vehicle buildings, yes i am good "
Be careful there Discrate. He is probably just, unofficially, making a very helpful and suggestive edit to the mod HL2 Wars(i.e building on HL2 Wars without being part of the official staff). That could be a really good thing as it would take off stress and ease of the primary HL2 Wars staff. The fact he is already taking air units capability and vehicle buildings into his own hands sounds good to me. More ideas and more work on the mod. We can build on what Plazmatic does if he does it first when other things are being finished to perfection. If the buildings are terrible, then they can be modified. That is the great thing about mods.

Also, the way you presented your post might sound just a little offensive to Plazmatic. He may have been controversial in topics and he may have sworn at people but it doesn't give us the right to flame people as well.
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 am

SkedarE wrote:
Discrate wrote:
Be careful there Discrate. He is probably just, unofficially, making a very helpful and suggestive edit to the mod HL2 Wars(i.e building on HL2 Wars without being part of the official staff). That could be a really good thing as it would take off stress and ease of the primary HL2 Wars staff. The fact he is already taking air units capability and vehicle buildings into his own hands sounds good to me. More ideas and more work on the mod. We can build on what Plazmatic does if he does it first when other things are being finished to perfection. If the buildings are terrible, then they can be modified. That is the great thing about mods.

Also, the way you presented your post might sound just a little offensive to Plazmatic. He may have been controversial in topics and he may have sworn at people but it doesn't give us the right to flame people as well.
Actually everything Plazmatic mentioned could be done trough reading the HL2 Wars "getting started" wiki and with some basic console commands to spawn units. It's really not hard at all.
The reason why it also fails, giving helicopters and such to the AI, is because they need air nodes and the apc doesn't even have AI coded in for it.
I don't think he's part of the unofficial staff, just someone who is experimenting, that's all. And if he was part of the unofficial staff, he would probably have access to the betatesting forums and I've never seen him post there.

HellSpawn

Post by HellSpawn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:12 am

as well as the fact that Sander hasn't even touched vehicles yet.
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

Discrate
Contributor

Post by Discrate » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:21 am

SkedarE wrote:
Discrate wrote:

There is no stress on the hl2wars dev's at all. Dev is coming along nicely. The way your talking in your post, no offence, is your acting like this is a community mod where people can just throw things in, sander has his ideas on what the mod's going to get etc, heck in the dev section (that you all cant see) we have discussions ons ideas for hl2wars etc. 1 of the ideas that havent been discussed is air units let alone vehicles. The mod still has a long way to go, things still needed to be added in, air units and vehicles are way way off.

Also i wasnt flaming him,

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:38 pm

nope im not part of the staff but the apc does have some ai capability but very basic, though basicly all you would have to do is tell it to move around for the comp team and shoot any rebels (ive done this and done the same with human_apc though though the human apc is missing a few animations like weel turning and gun rotation) but that would be way to simple for real play against a non human player (the apc knows were you are at at all times and would go imiediatly at you like it had its own mind) i made a very simple map were i just gave the enemie a bunch of these apc and you one human apc, which was very amusing, it was allmost like a race against you and those apcs.

the heli fortunetly wins compared to the combine apc it has some cooperation with the actual computer AI but sometimes tends to just go after the rebels randomly, i messed the code up for it, ill just have to fix a few things

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 am

Thread unlocked, that's not a reason for locking.

pandango
Developer

Post by pandango » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:42 am

SkedarE wrote:
Discrate wrote:
Plazmatic wrote: I dont see how you did this, your not a devoloper of hl2wars. Anyway you shouldnt be changing things in the game anyway, next thing we know youll be releasing hl2wars and saying "oh this mod is made by me look it has a shitty vehicle buildings, yes i am good "

There is no stress on the hl2wars dev's at all. Dev is coming along nicely. The way your talking in your post, no offence, is your acting like this is a community mod where people can just throw things in, sander has his ideas on what the mod's going to get etc, heck in the dev section (that you all cant see) we have discussions ons ideas for hl2wars etc. 1 of the ideas that havent been discussed is air units let alone vehicles. The mod still has a long way to go, things still needed to be added in, air units and vehicles are way way off.

Also i wasnt flaming him,

thats not true about no vehicles see http://nl.youtube.com/user/Saner88 they already tested striders :O
but if they add striders and heli's to the combine then the combine will overpowerd, no chance for rebs to win that way xD

and btw sander that video is yours aint it ? xD
and sander i just saw u got 666 posts :P what a lovely number ^^

Jazz

Post by Jazz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:10 pm

I like that number XD it represents fear sander brings fear in the hearts of the viewers :lol:

Discrate
Contributor

Post by Discrate » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:36 pm

I dont think of a strider as a vechicle for some reason. Is is actually driven by the combine?

pandango
Developer

Post by pandango » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Discrate wrote:I dont think of a strider as a vechicle for some reason. Is is actually driven by the combine?

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:59 pm

Its a biorganisum. Somewhat controlled by the combine but it does not have a driver.
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

Ennui
Contributor

Post by Ennui » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:37 pm

The Strider is a Combine "synth", meaning it is a biomechanical organism engineered by the Combine to kick ass and take names. They are not a vehicle, because they aren't controlled by anything - they're basically intelligent, Combine-made organic machines. Other synths: Hunters, Crab synth, Mortar synth, Scanners, Manhacks, Dropship, Hunter Chopper