WTF!

Any discussion about Lambda Wars that doesn't fit in the other subforums.
Plazmatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

WTF!

Post by Plazmatic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:46 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeiFG5xa ... re=related what the? another half life rts? WITH FLYING HELIS?

Drunkenvalley

Re: WTF!

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:49 am

Plazmatic wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeiFG5xa ... re=related what the? another half life rts? WITH FLYING HELIS?
Made with Glest. Simply put the whole thing is made with a 3rd party RTS-building program that was designed for this kind of thing.

Half Life 2: Wars uses Steam's own tools to recreate Half Life 2 in RTS environment. Both a joy & a pain, I suppose.
Image Image

Discrate
Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Discrate » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:21 am

lol to me, that looks pretty shit..

scrub

Post by scrub » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:13 am

That RTS is crap compared to HL2: Wars

Anti Viper
Contributor

Post by Anti Viper » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:36 am

Discrate wrote:lol to me, that looks pretty shit..
Took the words right out of my mouth

BiotecVirus
Contributor

Post by BiotecVirus » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Lol it looks like a really bad remake XD + the walking animations looked horrible

also i quoted from the youtube comments...

"adster700 heh just like Half-Life 2: Wars"
"noooo, hl2w is much better than that"

VICTORY IS OURS! lol
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."
"The Imperial Guard doesn't dig the enemy out of fortifications. It blasts them out, then occupies the craters." ~Sonsoftauras

St3althPyr0_37

Post by St3althPyr0_37 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:25 pm

scrub wrote:That RTS is crap compared to HL2: Wars
HELL ya
Heaven for the Weather
Hell for the Company

HeadRebel

Post by HeadRebel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Indeed, Looks terrible compared to hl2 wars.
Plus the walking animation for stalkers and holding the resources didnt match the stalkers at all
I think a scanner is watching me...

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:13 pm

well it actuallly could have killed us IF it had came out and if the web site wasn't as bad because you cant access it and its in spanish and the fact that it has no balance but i think we could learn from the helicopters maby tha t would speed up the process of having flying vhehicle controll if we asked him if we could use some files or somthing though, it might not convert

Drunkenvalley

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Plazmatic wrote:well it actuallly could have killed us IF it had came out and if the web site wasn't as bad because you cant access it and its in spanish and the fact that it has no balance but i think we could learn from the helicopters maby tha t would speed up the process of having flying vhehicle controll if we asked him if we could use some files or somthing though, it might not convert
If at first you don't succeed...
...You fail.

It wouldn't have killed us. Hell no. The quality is clearly bad.
And Glest is a strategy-game, thus they're essentially just using models, sound, etc in a primitive attempt at a Half Life RTS...

Their open-source engine is most likely so simple that making any type of RTS can be done by a child, but the results are without quality.
HL2's own engine is used in HL2 wars, far as I know, which pretty much lets us use the game's own, real content.
Image Image

Plazmatic

Post by Plazmatic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:26 pm

well if it came out before us no one would know about us and it would be all him? don't you see regardless of the crap quality he COULD have made hl2wars a dead project but some ppl cant tell bad quality like you can so it would make no differance and he still hasn't come out with it yet. it will NEVER launch

Drunkenvalley

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Plazmatic wrote:well if it came out before us no one would know about us and it would be all him? don't you see regardless of the crap quality he COULD have made hl2wars a dead project but some ppl cant tell bad quality like you can so it would make no differance and he still hasn't come out with it yet. it will NEVER launch
Actually, as much as this could have "killed" us it could've been our blessing. If he released his stuff before us, then we released YouTube movies of "OUR" RTS as responses to the Glest-made one we might flock even more people to us.

See? :p

Besides, who's ever heard of the Glest one? I found HL2 Wars via HL2 files. Which far as I know hosts Steam MODS, not "stand-alone" games.
Image Image

Sandern
Developer

Post by Sandern » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Drunkenvalley wrote: Besides, who's ever heard of the Glest one? I found HL2 Wars via HL2 files. Which far as I know hosts Steam MODS, not "stand-alone" games.
You find the Glest one if you look under related video's when watching one of hl2wars youtube video's :p

HellSpawn

Post by HellSpawn » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:09 am

Drunkenvalley wrote: Their open-source engine is most likely so simple that making any type of RTS can be done by a child, but the results are without quality.
HL2's own engine is used in HL2 wars, far as I know, which pretty much lets us use the game's own, real content.
hah!
they write their unit scripts in XML!, which, of course, is no match for OUR scripting language.
Sander wrote:hurrah.
Half-Life 2: Wars Wiki TODO List - Stuff that needs doing on the wiki, we'd appreciate the help.

SkedarE

Post by SkedarE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:20 am

The animation and quality look so bad that I would rather that Half Life Wars came out with only the ability to build a rebel soldier against only combine soldiers, with a building you start off with on only one map, than get that horrible looking game and get a buildable/usable helicopter,strider and apc. The resource gathering looked pretty bad too!
It's ok. You're not a bad person. Horses are bad people.