New Site

Off-topic stuff here, anything not related to Lambda Wars.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jenks
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Site

Post by Jenks » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:19 am

I really don't know where to place this, but me and Adrian have moved sites, so if you need any info about Revolution or anything needing answered, go here:

http://www.lostcoast.webs.com/

We have changed the name, and have basically started over with a fresh, clean look. I would suggest you guys register, since it's extremely easy and you can just jump between forums while your at it.

I will post more info in the upcoming days.
HL2Wars: Revolution 1.0 LATEST/ALL PATCHES:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8WABW4W

HL2Wars: Revolution Thread:

http://www.hl2wars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=766

Discrate
Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Site

Post by Discrate » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 am

why did you name it "lostcoast" ? :P

Badjack

Post by Badjack » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Because someone has lost it and Jenks and Adrian found it on the coast.

Discrate
Contributor

Post by Discrate » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:23 am

:roll:

Jenks

Post by Jenks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:07 am

Umm, nice one Badjack, but Adrian came up with the name and I think it's a good name because it amplifies all the projects me and him are working on. I don't want to have to make individual sites to fit all my projects on.

I have turned to a more FPS approach, modding the actual HL2 campaign and changing it to implement a 50/50 F.E.A.R./HL2 system where it draws out the potential and awesomeness both games had.

Truthfully, I thought F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2 (not counting Expansions) were rated horribly at a 8.5, while games like Halo which I found more boring in story and gameplay, instantly get all their games rated in the high 90's.

Games that deserve popularity that high need to be able to prove it. Half my friends are 360 fags that don't want like computers because theirs are shit! They also hate the controls even though they use the default W,S,A,D movement I even hate.

Besides, isn't gameplay and story like 95% of the game? If both suck, then why did the game become a success over games more fun like CoD and GoW? The whole Halo series to me, felt rigged probably because the game was the first out on the Xbox, which most parents bought their kids, along with Halo.

Anyway, I'm not gonna complain about a game series that was overrated like popularity, I'm just frustrated that other 'better' games get pushed aside to these somewhat popular games.

Sao

Post by Sao » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:12 am

Jenks wrote:Truthfully, I thought F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2 (not counting Expansions) were rated horribly at a 8.5, while games like Halo which I found more boring in story and gameplay, instantly get all their games rated in the high 90's.

Games that deserve popularity that high need to be able to prove it. Half my friends are 360 fags that don't want like computers because theirs are shit! They also hate the controls even though they use the default W,S,A,D movement I even hate.

Besides, isn't gameplay and story like 95% of the game? If both suck, then why did the game become a success over games more fun like CoD and GoW? The whole Halo series to me, felt rigged probably because the game was the first out on the Xbox, which most parents bought their kids, along with Halo.

Anyway, I'm not gonna complain about a game series that was overrated like popularity, I'm just frustrated that other 'better' games get pushed aside to these somewhat popular games.
individual game reviews are worthless, metacritic is a decent way to judge something, even though i normally disagree with almost every game review about any game. multiplayer is where games should be judged on, if they have one. i thought fear 2 was mediocre anyways. halo is the perfect console game. it's also far cheaper to be a console gamer than pc gamer also. pc gamers get the shaft pretty hard too, look at mw2. it's basically a port of the console version.

i miss the esdf movement keys...

Ennui
Contributor

Post by Ennui » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Metacritic is good to get an idea of the critical reception of a game but not at all trustworthy.

When it comes to reviews I'd rather play it myself than trust a reviewer, but there are still some reviewers I trust (mostly the RockPaperShotgun guys).

As for the website, my main comment is that it's incredible how many pages there are and yet how little information or substance is actually given. People don't go to websites for any other reason than to get info so you should try to flesh it out a lot more. If its a site for your personal projects (a "hub" as you call it) then actually put info about them on there.

Jenks

Post by Jenks » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Well, the only thing that really pisses me off about Halo is ODST. It's fun and all, but an expansion worth the full price of $60?! There's only two gamemodes in it, and that's the damn Story Mode and Firefight....

And I hear people complain about L4D2 being so similar... :|

I mean, seriously, ODST is mostly just better graphics, AI, + a new gamemode, short Story Mode, and reskinned Weapons and a new HUD.

Plus, you also don't have the power of a Spartan, so your twice as weak, and your recoil jumps around. If you fire a Silenced SMG (which is just a reskinned SMG with a new sound), your recoil jumps up dramatically. Also, Firefight isn't as cool as I predicted it would be. It's just oncoming waves of Grunts, Jackals, and Brutes. Sometimes a Wraith or something new will appear, but that's it! It's a total copy of GoW2 Horde mode, except the Combat System was never that good to begin with.

Halo is a good game series, I just wouldn't call it 'great'. Mainly, I think Bungie half-assed ODST, and people are actually paying for a full priced Expansion instead of a $20 Expansion like it should be.