January Progress Update

The latest Lambda Wars news, media, and releases.
Sandern
Developer
Posts: 1984
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:58 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: January Progress Update

Post by Sandern » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:34 pm

ixidron wrote:How is it going the progress? will we see a new update this february?
Maybe. I'm basicly rewriting the unit/npc code from scratch to make it more suit the rts purposes and make it run fast in online games.

User avatar
ixidron
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:58 pm
Location: Spain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by ixidron » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:24 pm

this seems hard

User avatar
Drunkenvalley
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: January Progress Update

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Sander wrote:
ixidron wrote:How is it going the progress? will we see a new update this february?
Maybe. I'm basicly rewriting the unit/npc code from scratch to make it more suit the rts purposes and make it run fast in online games.
May I ask what you mean by "more suit the RTS purposes"? O.o

skati9
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:16 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by skati9 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:22 pm

This game looks awesome (with skirmish mode + multi. one) I have 2 questions : will you improve the decoration and doodads in v. 1.0 ?? (2) u said since the begining of january that your beta version will b ready in 2 months max. can we have some informations about when it will b ready or something ?? PS : good job guyz :)

User avatar
Drunkenvalley
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: January Progress Update

Post by Drunkenvalley » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:25 am

skati9 wrote:This game looks awesome (with skirmish mode + multi. one) I have 2 questions : will you improve the decoration and doodads in v. 1.0 ?? (2) u said since the begining of january that your beta version will b ready in 2 months max. can we have some informations about when it will b ready or something ?? PS : good job guyz :)
I'm pretty sure they probably said "Should be ready in max two months," which is vastly different from "Will be ready in 2 months max." :p The first is "There's a high but not guaranteed possibility it might be done by then," the second is "It will be done by then."

skati9
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:16 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by skati9 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:25 pm

Well, I still wana know when and in how many time it will be ready. ! :P

User avatar
Ennui
Contributor
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:30 am
Location: North Carolina
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by Ennui » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:26 pm

skati9, since your post in this thread is pretty much identical to the PM you sent me I'll just respond here:
the 2 month timeframe (which is an estimate, not a promise) is not for beta 1.0, but for a small beta multiplayer demo. beta 1 will not be out for quite some time yet.

in regards to decorations/doodads (altho this isn't starcraft ;P we just call them props) that's pretty much up to the mapper

skati9
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:16 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by skati9 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Ah. ! ok cool. ! thx for the info. :) waiting for ur game who looks amazing :)

User avatar
Guessmyname
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:54 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by Guessmyname » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Drunkenvalley wrote:
Sander wrote:
ixidron wrote:How is it going the progress? will we see a new update this february?
Maybe. I'm basicly rewriting the unit/npc code from scratch to make it more suit the rts purposes and make it run fast in online games.
May I ask what you mean by "more suit the RTS purposes"? O.o
For example, the code for FPS NPCs is far more complicated than it needs to be for RTS units. Take the eye shader, for example - they cut that out of the L4D infected to speed stuff up, and I'm willing to bet you could / already have done it in this situation, as the player is unlikely to ever get close enough to see the eyes of his units.

User avatar
Drunkenvalley
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: January Progress Update

Post by Drunkenvalley » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Guessmyname wrote:For example, the code for FPS NPCs is far more complicated than it needs to be for RTS units. Take the eye shader, for example - they cut that out of the L4D infected to speed stuff up, and I'm willing to bet you could / already have done it in this situation, as the player is unlikely to ever get close enough to see the eyes of his units.
Oh. I was frankly half-worried we were talking about making sacrifices to the units' rather awesome "Holy shit let's run for cover" tactics that are as of now automatic... and pretty awesome.

In short though, what we're talking about is optimizing the engine's rendering of the units?

User avatar
Guessmyname
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:54 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by Guessmyname » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:01 am

Optimisation in general, probably. I don't know anything of course, this is just speculation...

User avatar
JeCa
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:32 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by JeCa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:19 am

There are still probably (hopefully) some changes to the unit AI. Their inclination (?) to stick to walls is currently so strong it's virtually impossible to make them walk up a staircase or even through tight passages. For the next build I'd also expect you to be able to actually select units on the first try as well, and even order them around without having to give each order three times. As long as those things are fixed, I'm happy. :)

Discrate
Contributor
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Australia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by Discrate » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:34 am

JeCa wrote:There are still probably (hopefully) some changes to the unit AI. Their inclination (?) to stick to walls is currently so strong it's virtually impossible to make them walk up a staircase or even through tight passages. For the next build I'd also expect you to be able to actually select units on the first try as well, and even order them around without having to give each order three times. As long as those things are fixed, I'm happy. :)
All of this has been fixed, we just havent released it yet :P

User avatar
JeCa
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:32 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by JeCa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Haha, that's good to hear. :)
I was thinking of DLing the latest unofficial internal alpha, but now I guess I might as well wait untill the next official build is launched.
Now I know this is starting to get repetitive, but is there any expected amount of weeks/months until release or is it just too hard to tell as it stands?

nickerun
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:15 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: January Progress Update

Post by nickerun » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:53 am

The uppdate looks Good the color are good on antlions and on combine you can just change the Eyes or the just give em a colored band or give em a Shader whit color like a light blue

Post Reply
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest