Most of you were already tired of waiting for it, so now we finally have it released! Many new different things have been implemented in it.
We reworked balancing (Most of the units and buildings have different statistics now). There were also new abilities added, like Saboteurs taking control of a Combine building and producing its units as Rebel's.
A new feature has been added: Match history. Players are now able to review their match via a graph and some stats provided. The match history is saved to our database so it stays there permamently. We still plan to add more to it, in fact.
New combine announcer has also been added provided by BlitherPaladin.
There is also a new animated background to make fit the atmosphere of the main menu better.
Many things were implemented and changed, here is the brief list of it (don't forget to check the full changelog below!)
- More flexible Engineer and Scout production: Rebels start with a Junkyard instead of an HQ, but it now produces Engineers and Scouts instead of DOG.
- HQ as a late game production structure: The Rebel HQ requires only a Triage Center, and its cost has been reduced. It now produces DOG and Vortigaunts, however DOG requires a Munitions Depot too.
- More practical costs: Late game units and buildings like Striders, DOG, and the Rebel Teleporter have been made easier to access, and they've had other changes as well.
- More forgiving explosives: Grenades and mines now have a larger radius, but they do less damage. This change makes them more reliable damage dealers but less volatile.
The full changelog is:
Lambda Wars Update 2 December 2015
Match results & history:
* Match history is now tracked. You can view your recent matches by clicking your profile name
* For each match basic statistics and graphs are available, such as unit kill/lost counts and spent resources (more are planned)
* New animated main menu background
* New Combine Announcer sounds
Gameplay & Balance:
* Replaces HQ as Rebel starting building.
* Builds Engineers and Scouts, no longer builds DOG.
* Provides 3 population.
* Requires Triage Center.
* Cost decreased from (300 req, 100 sec) to (70 req, 40 scrap, 70 sec).
* Builds Vortigaunt and Dog, Vortigaunt Den removed.
* Provides no population.
* Set health to 1000.
* Cost and build time reduced from (90 req, 150 scrap, 120 sec) to (90 req, 90 scrap, 90 sec).
* Damaged reduced from 100 to 50.
* View distance decreased from 1000 to 900.
* Dog unlock removed. Builds at HQ but requires Munitions Depot.
- Damage increased from 200 to 230.
- Radius increased from 160 to 200.
- Recharge time decreased from 10 to 2.
- Energy decrased from 25 to 15.
- Autocasts if 2 enemies range instead of 4.
- Constant bonus damage vs Strider increased from 50 to 100.
- Recharge time decreased from 10 to 0.
- Energy cost increased from 25 to 40.
Saboteur Sabotage ability:
* Time increased from 5 seconds to 12 seconds.
* Can take control of all enemy structures except:
- Starting buildings: Junkyard and Combine HQ.
- Late game production structures: Spec Ops, Rebel HQ, Synth Factory.
- Tech Structures: Armory, Munitions Depot, Triage Center.
* Population count reduced from 3 to 2.
* Cost and build time reduced from (50 req, 36 scrap, 42 sec) to (40 req, 40 scrap, 40 sec).
* Bugbait ability:
- Throw range increased from 1000 to 3000.
- Recharge time decreased from 30 to 12.
* Bugbait antlions:
- Changed attack attribute from slash to shock.
- Melee attack damage reduced from 10 to 2.
- Melee attack delay reduced from 1.5 to 1.
- Leap attack damage increased from 15 to 120.
- Leap attack minimum and maximum range increased from (256 and 720) to (1200 and 2200).
- Health increased from 80 to 90.
- Viewdistance decreased from 730 to 600.
- Maxspeed decreased from 450 to 354.
- Scale decreased from 0.8 to 0.75.
* Reduce recharge time from 80 to 16 seconds.
* Reduced teleport cost from (100 req, 45 scrap) to (30 req).
* Reduced build time from 80 to 50.
* Changed requirements from (Munitions Depot and Radio Tower) to (Triage Center).
* Reduced build cost from (60 req, 100 scrap) to (60 scrap).
* Reduced teleport time from 40 to 16 seconds (including windup time).
* Initial energy decreased from 100 to 50.
* Scan radius reduced from 1200 to 900.
* Scan energy reduced from 50 to 35.
* Tech requirement changed from HQ to Junkyard.
* Population provided increased from 6 to 9.
* Increased explosion radius from 128 to 320.
* Increased view distance from 500 to 700.
* Launch cost reduced from 2 scrap to 0 scrap.
View distances simplified:
* Scout increased from 1215 to 1300.
* Saboteur decreased from 1320 to 1000.
* Partisan reduced from 825 to 800.
* Rebel soldier reduced from 818 to 800.
* Rebel SG increased from 710 to 800.
* Medic decreased from 1000 to 900.
* Rpg decreased from 1250 to 900.
* Reduced salvage time from 12 to 9.
* Reduced salvage scrap count from 3 to 2.
- (Scrap gathered per minute decreased from 15 to 13.33).
Engineer build menu:
* Added support structures to defense submenu. (Aid station, Radio Tower, Teleporter).
* Organized economic, production, and tech structures into different rows.
* Removed Strider Unlock, having Mechanical Factory unlocks Strider.
* Cost and build time reduced from (90 req, 120 power, 120 sec) to (90 req, 90 power, 90 sec).
* Reduced health from 2000 to 1700.
* Dark Energy Cannon:
- Increased range from 1000 to 1300.
- Decreased recharge time from 10 to 2.
- Decreased damage from 2500 to 350.
- Decreased radius from 220 to 150.
- Decreased energy cost from 75 to 30.
* Explosion radius increased from 320 to 450.
* Damage decreased from 320 to 150.
* Increased stun duration from 3 to 4 seconds.
* Set viewdistance to 800.
* Increased explosion radius from 128 to 160.
* Accuracy reduced from High to Medium.
* Removed AR2 unlock requirement.
* Combineball recharge time decreased from 30 to 20.
* Combineball damage increased from 250 to 300.
* Reduced speed from 210 to 190.
* Decreased viewdstance from 1100 to 900.
Scrap powered generator:
* Power generation amount every 1.5 seconds decreased from 1.25 to 1.0.
- (Power generated per minute decreased from 50 to 40.)
View distances simplified:
* Hunter increased from 1056 to 1100.
* Riot Metrocop decreased from 821 to 800.
* Combine SG increased from 712 to 800.
* Manhack increased from 634 to 700.
* Damage radius increased from 220 to 300.
* Damage decreased from 320 to 200.
* Unlock cost changed from (40 req) to (30 scrap) for Rebels and (30 power) for Combine.
* Multiple workers constructing becomes less efficient with more than 2 workers instead of 4.
* Range decreased from 820 to 800.
* Attack delay increased from 0.1 to 0.15.
- Bullet ScaleBonusDamage increased from 0.2 to 0.3.
- Pulse ScaleBonusDamage increased from 0.3 to 0.4.
* Synth: Bullet damagescale increased from 0.3 to 0.4.
* Removed Stun effect from Dog Slam attack.
* Dedicated Server getting in a stuck state when lobby/players request a missing map on the server
* Add Ukranian translations
* Updated Russian translations
Note, all the time schedule will be set by Mr. Darkness.
Info on the Loser's Bracket: http://lambdawars.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 451#p17449