We're looking for team members, we may be looking for YOU!
You can head on down to the following webpage; http://www.lambdawars.com/jobs.php for more information and instructions on how to apply.
Hope to see your email soon.
Songbird & Team.
P.S: Please keep in mind, that we work for free, and this is a free, non-profit modification -Mr. Darkness (Developer)
Discuss this post on the forums »Hello, strategists!
We have released an update. Update version 3.01b (previous 3.01a).
Lambda Wars Update 25 February 2017 (3.01b)
- Error model inside combine bunker
- Tutorial now works properly
- Shieldgen no longer requires power in Overrun
- Fixed crash caused by spamming combine balls
- Rebel CPU now builds junkyards near scrap
- they are now more aggressive early game
- Rescaled price for veterans by a bit
- Reduced health for veterans to 120 (from 180)
- Increased crossbow damage from 100 to 160
- Increased crossbow explosive bolt damage from 100 to 240
- Partisans with molotov and partisans with smg now share the same passive "Revolutionary Fervor"
- Metropolice with pistols now require additional 1 power for production.
- Optimized particle effects by reducing max particle count for some particle effects
- Modified mortar effect a bit.
If you have any questions, please leave them here or ask us directly at our Discord channel: https://discord.gg/PsQkXv7
Discuss this post on the forums »Changelog for Lambda Wars Update 11 February 2017:
- Rebel billet now costs 10 requisition and gives 4 population.
- Competitive resources - added "power" to resources table.
- hlw_thirst - Small changes for highground - units can't get on them anymore.
- hlw_outland - Added trigger_hurt beneath the map that kills units, which may get stuck (headcrabs, etc).
- hlw_city16 - A new map Pandango has been working on (it is unfinished and wasn't even meant to make an appearence this build, however... oops)
- New structures - Bunkers for Rebels&Combine and Combine Forcefield preveiously seen in Overrun now in Annihilation and Competitive modes. The force frields require power generators.
- New ability for Saboteur - Plant Mines (they also have stripes on them for convenience)
- Rebel flamer now throws smoke grenades
- Partisan with SMG was added back to the barracks (with increased cost and production time)
- Partisan with Molotov now has the same passive as Partisan with SMG
- Rebel soldier and Combine soldier now have to be unlocked by constructing a Munition Depot/Armory
- When a fast headcrab kills a human unit, it gets turned into a fast zombie
- Metrocop with pistol was added back to the game. Upgrading to metrocop to SMG costs 15 req 7 power, while making a metrocop with SMG1 is cheaper
- Tier system, where lower tier units do less damage against higher tier units
- Added work sounds for buildings when in process of making units and researching upgrades.
- Munition depot/Armory price was increased (40/20 - 40/40; 40/30 - 40/50)
- Rebels and Combine have to unlock grenades individually per unit.
- Grenade explosion timer was increased.
- New Munition Depot building model.
- Annihilation mode: Rebel HQ costs too cheap
- Competitive mode: Missing icon for Vortigaunt Den, name for Vortigaunt Den, description for Vortigaunt Den (is the building itself missing tho?)
- hlw_city16 unfinished - navigation meshes bugged, some other unfinished matters to address (the map wasn't meant to be released this build, but oh well)
- A missing model component for Combine Bunker (A flashy red ERROR)
- Tutorial won't work with the new changes for now.
- Some missing sound files (Open console and type the command snd_rebuildaudiocache to fix this)
- Some players reported crashes with mines.
It's been a while since we released an update. This one is big and includes new structures and some new mechanics, along with abilities.
Early game has been re-enhanced and the game now plays differently. You MUST unlock new stuff to get ahead.
Just so you know, there will be a patch coming to this, since we do need to address the glitches in this current update.
This update is mainly meant for monitoring the currently approached balance of the game (with the return of partisans and cops with pistols), and is also intended for noticing issues with the current build.
That's that. We'll be keeping you updated on all the progress in our dev progress. You can also bug Songbird about it if you're interested
Discuss this post on the forums »Hey everyone!
I'm happy to report the past week has been mindblowingly busy for us (more on this on the 22nd dev update!), but not all of it has been development related.
Together with Hayden, the person behind our Social Media, I've set up a tournament for some of the bigger (and smaller, of course) communities for Garry's Mod. We were surprised to see some of them have their own dedicated area to Lambda Wars. A pleasant surprise, of course!
We have approached numerous communities, and we have had responses from almost all of them. None of this is official yet, we need to work a lot of things out. I hope to have my decision by February the 10th, after which the tournament will start, or be cancelled.
While this tournament isn't "publically" accessible to compete in, we are compensating this to host an open tournament in the third quarter of this year. You can expect more news on this in July.
The tournament will be held in the relative same way that people from '14 and upwards might have remembered.
The following communities have already committed their information, and are working on (or have already established) their teams;
We want to welcome these Communities to the tournament pre-planning, and they are free to send in their own suggestions on how to help us with the tournament.
As this is a real tournament, hosted by the LW Team, there will be guidelines and rules.
- The Tournament is hosted in Lambda Wars on official servers provided by the LW Team (logging purposes).
- The tournament will be livestreamed.
- The Tournament will have its own staff, instated by the Project / Community Manager or a person he/she puts in charge of the tournament organisation.
- A Tournament is to show sportsmanship, and to enjoy yourself. We expect all Communities to maintain a sense of decorum to eachother when playing, and during previous communication times.
- Victorious teams will be announced by the present Tournament Staff after analysing the game.
- Communities carry their own responsibility to present a fitting banner for on livestreams (prior to the actual stream for display purposes) and other purposes that are, but not limited; useful for the forums and/or steam discussions before, during or shortly after the tournament. If no banner or image has been presented, we will default to text-generated banners.
- Communities are to present 2 teams of 4 players. (or more for internal qualifiers)
- Backup Players are optional, but recommended. (For if someone drops out.)
- If a Community has more than 8 interested players, they may opt to create more than 2 teams, but internal qualifiers will select two teams which go to the actual tournament.
- Headcrab canister spam is only permitted after a Tournament Moderator or higher grants permission. (This can be spammed, and is unsportsmanlike.)
- After 5 minutes post-game launch, base attacks are permitted. A Tournament Moderator will keep time.
- After 15 minutes post-game launch, and no attack has been made yet, a Tournament Moderator may take action to keep the pace in the game.
- If a team does not show up, or more than 2 users are absent from the match, the opponent will be named victorious by default.
- Usage of glitches or bugs will result in automatic disqualification.
In order to notify the Tournament Staff about the teams, you can contact them through any of the following means;
Songbird, Tournament Manager
Leave a message on his Steam Profile.
Send a message on the Discord Server in the Tournament channel.
Hayden, Tournament Communications
Leave a message on his Steam Profile.
Send a message on the Discord Server in the Tournament channel.
Discuss this post on the forums »Hello everyone!
My name is Songbird, and I've discovered Lambda Wars a few months ago, having played it with the Community I used to own and manage, and I got a good couple of laughs out of it and an enjoyable experience.
I had noted a lack of developer updates, however, and a stagnant community, with the sole developer who's answering things getting snowed in at times, and a generally distorted line of communication.
What does that mean, you think? Well, it's simple.
I have every intention to work with the Community on all levels to bring back some life to these forums, the steam hub and any other form of communication! I've been on friendly terms with one of the editors of the Facebook Page, and I got in contact with a couple developers from Lambda Wars. I filed my application, and well... Here we are!
A little about me;
I'm 21 years old, turning 22 as of this year June, and I work in the Administrative Sector as Senior Transportation Coordinator for our internal transportation department. It's a load of bogus I'm not going to bore you with.
I have experience in running, managing and owning gaming-related communities for close to 8 years now, and Lambda Wars is my next step! To take my experience into a higher level, that is more mature and hopefully as rewarding as I hope it to be!
My personal life is rather hectic, and I can go offline for a couple days, but I always get back to people!
Well, that's it, but let's get to work, shall we?
As first act of my newfound title, I have taken to creating a fully functional Discord server for the use of this Community, catering to (hopefully) everyone's needs! Memes, international talk and foreign languages, we have it all! You can join here -> https://discord.gg/PsQkXv7
Anyone is free to join and chime in! My ear is open to all, and I hope to provide a great fresh start to the Community!
So, help us by joining the Discord, and playing the game, and keep filing your bugs and suggestions!
See you all in-game!
Discuss this post on the forums »
For older news posts and updates, visit the News Archive on our community forums.